Questions while upgrading a new pc

Go to solution Solved by andrew.f,

I don't exactly have a budget because... well, you know, Christmas :) but I would say max usd$120 for cpu cooler and $150 for case

The case is a personal preference but I personally like the NZXT H440 in Blue/Black or the Fractal Design R5 in black with the windowed side panel

For the cpu cooler the Nzxt kraken x61 is meant to be very good but some people say that high end air coolers like the Noctua NH d15 are much better than aoi liquid coolers

So I've gone through a lot with computers, I had a small, very small mini tower computer from hp that my grandpa bought me a few years ago, still using that case, i have a gtx 960 4gb from evga, and an i3 3240, i thought it is time to upgrade a bit.

I'm getting a new case, motherboard, cpu cooler, cpu, and an ssd.

the case i'm not sure about, maybe a thermaltake core V41 or V51,

the cpu is going to be an i5-4690k which i plan on overclocking on the msi Z97 PC Mate that i'm getting.

the cooler i'm thinking about is an H100i AIO for the cpu.

Also i forgot to say im getting G.Skill ripjaws X series 16gb

Would this be good, which case should i get? Should i get a different cpu cooler if i'm trying to overclock to say 4.2ghz or more?

Thanks in advance!!

So I've gone through a lot with computers, I had a small, very small mini tower computer from hp that my grandpa bought me a few years ago, still using that case, i have a gtx 960 4gb from evga, and an i3 3240, i thought it is time to upgrade a bit.

I'm getting a new case, motherboard, cpu cooler, cpu, and an ssd.

the case i'm not sure about, maybe a thermaltake core V41 or V51,

the cpu is going to be an i5-4690k which i plan on overclocking on the msi Z97 PC Mate that i'm getting.

the cooler i'm thinking about is an H100i AIO for the cpu.

Also i forgot to say im getting G.Skill ripjaws X series 16gb

Would this be good, which case should i get? Should i get a different cpu cooler if i'm trying to overclock to say 4.2ghz or more?

Thanks in advance!!

What's your max budget?

What's your max budget?

I don't exactly have a budget because... well, you know, Christmas :) but I would say max usd$120 for cpu cooler and $150 for case

Go for the i5 6600k, it's shiny and new, and get another 960 if they can sli, or sell it and get a 970, either way Skylake overclocks better than haswell

I7-6700k @ 4.8Ghz, EVGA Z170 Classified, Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8 32 GB, EVGA FTW+ ACX 2.0 GeForce GTX 980ti 6 GB x3, 2Tb WD Black x3, 1Tb Samsung 850 Evo, 400Gb Intel NVME PCIE SSD, Corsair RMx 850w 80+ Gold, Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Brown RGB, SteelSeries Sensei Raw

The case is a personal preference but I personally like the NZXT H440 in Blue/Black or the Fractal Design R5 in black with the windowed side panel

For the cpu cooler the Nzxt kraken x61 is meant to be very good but some people say that high end air coolers like the Noctua NH d15 are much better than aoi liquid coolers