Nvidia refrence cards

Daniel123dk

Well, if you recommend the classified too, then ill go with that. the price between the classified and the SC+ is to small that i better buy the classified.

Well there you go then ;).

All I can say, that the Classified is a worthy card through and through. You won´t be disappointed, that´s for sure.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Well there you go then ;).

All I can say, that the Classified is a worthy card through and through. You won´t be disappointed, that´s for sure.

Well, i like eVGA so im not so worried that im gonna be dissapointed, because i am not :)

but, i dont really get it, the Classified uses a 14+3 phase power design, through 8+8pin pci express connectors. Why does the 980 Kingpin and 980ti Kingpin then use the same 14+3 phase power design and 6+8+8pin power connectors? i dont get it?

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | I5-4690k| Dark Rock Pro 3 | ASUS RX480 |  Kingston HyperX Beast 8GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250Gb|

Playstation Pulse Headset Corsair Air 540 | Deiog DY-200 | AOC G2460Fq 

Dell Keyboard | 6x BeQuiet Silent Wings PWM 120mm 

Built  Not Bought

Well, i like eVGA so im not so worried that im gonna be dissapointed, because i am not :)

but, i dont really get it, the Classified uses a 14+3 phase power design, through 8+8pin pci express connectors. Why does the 980 Kingpin and 980ti Kingpin then use the same 14+3 phase power design and 6+8+8pin power connectors? i dont get it?

That´s rather easy. When nVidia brings out a new GPU EVGA will take the chip slam it on a beefy custom PCB and there you have the Classified. Awesome card, that will be used by Kingpin himself for breaking records for EVGA and nVidia.

After a while this design gets a bit more refined and then released as the 'Kingpin Edition' as either a card for people that want to go into LN2 (then again Classified would be enough) or a collector´s edition.

The real funny part about that is the Classified is out of the box usually the better and easier OCing card. You ask me why? Because the Classified isn´t part of nVidia´s Greenlight program and therefore comes with all the unlocked power. The Kingpin Edition can do the same and more but it required a special Hardware tool to unlock the Voltage and therefore its true OCing potential. Without it, it is still a nice card, but nothing ground breaking.

EDIT: Oh and btw you can give the card lots of Watts with the PCIe and 2 8pin power conncetors.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

That´s rather easy. When nVidia brings out a new GPU EVGA will take the chip slam it on a beefy custom PCB and there you have the Classified. Awesome card, that will be used by Kingpin himself for breaking records for EVGA and nVidia.

After a while this design gets a bit more refined and then released as the 'Kingpin Edition' as either a card for people that want to go into LN2 (then again Classified would be enough) or a collector´s edition.

The real funny part about that is the Classified is out of the box usually the better and easier OCing card. You ask me why? Because the Classified isn´t part of nVidia´s Greenlight program and therefore comes with all the unlocked power. The Kingpin Edition can do the same and more but it required a special Hardware tool to unlock the Voltage and therefore its true OCing potential. Without it, it is still a nice card, but nothing ground breaking.

EDIT: Oh and btw you can give the card lots of Watts with the PCIe and 2 8pin power conncetors.

Ok, then, that was fairly easy. Thanks!

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | I5-4690k| Dark Rock Pro 3 | ASUS RX480 |  Kingston HyperX Beast 8GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250Gb|

Playstation Pulse Headset Corsair Air 540 | Deiog DY-200 | AOC G2460Fq 

Dell Keyboard | 6x BeQuiet Silent Wings PWM 120mm 

Built  Not Bought

Ok, then, that was fairly easy. Thanks!

No problem you are welcome :).