Computer Keeps Randomly Freezing

TheNoobHimself

Ever since I upgraded my computer to AMD R9 280s crossfire it started to randomly freeze, at first I thought it was bottlenecking of my CPU so I upgraded to a AMD-FX 9590, but that didn't work either.

Specs:

850W platinum PSU

AMD-FX 9590

AMD R9 280 Crossfired

16 gigs of DDR3 RAM

gigabyte 990fxa-ud5

Are your graphics drivers up-to-date?

QUOTE when replying to others / Quality over Quantity in your posts / Avoid ambiguous topic titles

Desktop: "Shockwave" Core i7-5820K / GTX 970 SSC / ASUS X99 Deluxe / 16GB DDR4 / 120GB Samsung 850 EVO / 2TB WD Black Caviar
Laptop:  "Archippos"  Dell XPS 15:  Core i7-7700HQ  /  GTX 1050  /  16GB DDR4  /  512GB NVMe PCI-E SSD

Maybe you should also observe when it starts freezing.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X | MOBO: Gigabyte B550 Vision D | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision D | PSU: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W

Maybe you should also observe when it starts freezing.

It will start freezing basically at any point, for gaming to starting up my computer.

Since you mentioned crossfire in the OP, have you tried running only one GPU at a time?

do it get too hot mabe give it a baf

No.

QUOTE when replying to others / Quality over Quantity in your posts / Avoid ambiguous topic titles

Desktop: "Shockwave" Core i7-5820K / GTX 970 SSC / ASUS X99 Deluxe / 16GB DDR4 / 120GB Samsung 850 EVO / 2TB WD Black Caviar
Laptop:  "Archippos"  Dell XPS 15:  Core i7-7700HQ  /  GTX 1050  /  16GB DDR4  /  512GB NVMe PCI-E SSD

Since you mentioned crossfire in the OP, have you tried running only one GPU at a time?

Let me try that, last time i tired this it didnt freeze, but i didnt have it like that for long.

Let me try that, last time i tired this it didnt freeze, but i didnt have it like that for long.

If it doesn't freeze when you run without crossfire, then it may be an issue with that specific configuration.

If it doesn't freeze when you run without crossfire, then it may be an issue with that specific configuration.

Ok, how would I try to fix that?

Take out the second GPU and try booting like that. If there's something you had to do to enable crossfire, then make sure it's disabled (I've never run AMD crossfire so I'm not really sure).

EDIT: Try running with the second GPU instead of the first one. Try them in different PCI slots, too.

Take out the second GPU and try booting like that. If there's something you had to do to enable crossfire, then make sure it's disabled (I've never run AMD crossfire so I'm not really sure).

EDIT: Try running with the second GPU instead of the first one. Try them in different PCI slots, too.

Ok 1 second.

Try the other GPU maybe? So we can narrow it down. If it happens on both of them being in the system 1 at a time most likely they're good.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X | MOBO: Gigabyte B550 Vision D | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision D | PSU: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W

Try the other GPU maybe? So we can narrow it down. If it happens on both of them being in the system 1 at a time most likely they're good.

I tried both and in different slots for both as well and still freezing.