Recycling a touch screen

Tmt97

So I don't know if it goes under here, or in the modding section maybe, but I could really use some advice on a DIY project of mine. So to build my current computer I disassembled a lot of other computers to get scrap parts. One of them was this all in one setup with a built in monitor. I managed to get the screen out intact without breaking any of the connectors or scratching it. That being said I have no idea what the wires/connector are as I haven't seen them anywhere else. Since this is a rather large touch screen, I am hoping to mod it and leave it facing up on my desk as a cool second monitor. Are there any guides on finding a way to convert the weird wires/connectors coming out of one of these screens to an output on my computer such as HDMI, VGA, DVI?

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Is it like a flat cable that's just a bit of circuitry? 

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Is it like a flat cable that's just a bit of circuitry? 

Yea there's one of those, and I think two more normal wires with some kind of metallic mesh sleeving.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Yea there's one of those, and I think two more normal wires with some kind of metallic mesh sleeving.

Those are difficult to mod... You may find some walkthroughs of similar projects through Google.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

Those are difficult to mod... You may find some walkthroughs of similar projects through Google.

Would I be able to get the touch screen working you think? If I will only get a monitor out of it, its not really worth it honestly.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Would I be able to get the touch screen working you think? If I will only get a monitor out of it, its not really worth it honestly.

You can use some software to make it compatible again. Drivers may also be available. This is the kind of thing you do lots of research on, honestly.

You can use some software to make it compatible again. Drivers may also be available. This is the kind of thing you do lots of research on, honestly.

I just took a picture of the circuit board output. It actually has some kind of port on it that I haven't seen before, I am assuming that's what actually connects to the computer. Do you know what that connection is called?(Maybe I can convert between it and HDMI or something.)

mzoSSqv.png

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Can you get a better picture?

Can you get a better picture?

Sure, but what do I need to do to make it better for you? Just closer up, or at a different angle?

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Sure, but what do I need to do to make it better for you? Just closer up, or at a different angle?

Both would help identify the connection.