PC shutdown when playing games

Apollone

Hey guys so I have got my new PC but I noticed it shutdowns a lot during gaming for no reason, I tried solutions but nothing seemed to help. Someone told me its either my GPU overheating or my PSU is faulty or even my RAM might be broken. Any help will be appreciated, I will list my specs below.

GPU : GTX 770 2GB

CPU : Intel Core i7-4770k

CPU Cooler : Im not sure what the CPU Cooler is called, It has two fans with a blue outline and Corsair logo in the middle but I'll be swapping this cooler for a new one

MOBO : G1 Sniper 5

RAM : It doesn't show any name, just has "Overclockers UK" in the middle of it.

PSU : Aerocool Strike-X 800W

There's two additionals fans, one at the back facing towards CPU and one near the front facing the GPU. Thanks in advance.

I also tested my temps and they seemed pretty fine, between 40-50 on CSGO but when I uncapped the fps, the temps stayed the same but I got this weird noise in my headphones and the PC shutdown in CSGO, yea thats pretty weird.

possible problem 1

install a program called speccy

put your games in windowed mode

watch the temps before the computer crashes

sorry, didnt read that you had already done that since it had white background and was hard to read

possible problem 2

Maybe a PSU cable is loose, my main PSU cable was loose when i built my first computer, which made it loose power when the floor vibrated

prossible problem 3

try with other games

possible problem 4

Maybe its your drivers being bad, ive heard a lot of bad things about gigabytes motherboard drivers at launch

possible problem 5

try doing this to see if your ram is bad

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ff700221.aspx

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

@ZayzoMayzo Could be power. I think this because of the noise in your headphones/headset. I take it you do not have another one to test? I would RMA it. 

Also, make sure you follow your posts (top right of your question) 

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

@noisebomb44

1) I'll check the PSU cables tonight and tell you if it fixed anything.

2) I'll try other games and see if it shutdowns and what temps i'll get.

3) Could be, honestly all that is left is either the MOBO, PSU or RAM that can be causing this.

4) I'll try the RAM before I check PSU cables

@Bittenfleax

5) There was this weird sound in my headphones, I can't explain it but it sounded like a crack or something, Im definitely sure its not the headphones fault but it doesn't matter until I fix this shutdown problem.

Someone also recommended for me to buy a better PSU because mine is trash (Aerocool Strike-X 800W)

Someone also recommended for me to buy a better PSU because mine is trash (Aerocool Strike-X 800W)

Yeah, I would either RMA it or return it and get a better one. If you want to do that, make a new thread in PSU's and people will recommend what they think is best for your situation. 

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510