300R fan arrangement

jaffacakes

Heyo,

I'm thinking of getting a few new fans for my case.

So I currently have 2 stock fans (120mm, exhaust, and 140mm, intake) and a Corsair AF140 (intake). Currently the AF140 is placed in front of my hard drive cage, which isn't optimal for it's specs.

Should I buy a high static pressure fan for the front panel (in front of the hard drive cage) and an airflow oriented fan (probably a 140mm Pure Wings 2), always for the front panel and place the AF140 as an exhaust fan on the top panel?
I'll probably keep the 120mm fan as exhaust, and replace it in future.

Sorry if I haven't been clear.

Cheers.

Heyo,

I'm thinking of getting a few new fans for my case.

So I currently have 2 stock fans (120mm, exhaust, and 140mm, intake) and a Corsair AF140 (intake). Currently the AF140 is placed in front of my hard drive cage, which isn't optimal for it's specs.

Should I buy a high static pressure fan for the front panel (in front of the hard drive cage) and an airflow oriented fan (probably a 140mm Pure Wings 2), always for the front panel and place the AF140 as an exhaust fan on the top panel?

I'll probably keep the 120mm fan as exhaust, and replace it in future.

Sorry if I haven't been clear.

Cheers.

Using a high static pressure for case is a bit overkill and also not very effective, they are good to push hot air quickly which translates that they are good at heatsinks or radiators, as they tend to quickly need to cool down. Putting them on case would mean you are either forcing a lot of air inside or pulling out air way too quickly.

The fan setup should always be complimenting at creating a postivie pressure inside your system, not a negative pressure.

I would recommend this for your case.

Add another 140mm front intake to make it 2x 140mm front intake fans

Add 2x 120mm top exhaust fans ( you can use 1 of your rear 120mm here)

Add a 140mm rear exhaust.

AF140 are probably your best choice here. Go for them.

This should be enough but if you have the money and want more fans, fill the sidepanel with 2x140mm intake. This would keep your GPU happy too.

Can you provide a Picture of your case interior? I suggest that you just swap the location of the 140mm fans by putting the stock fan in front of the HDD cage and then putting the AF140 in the top position on the front panel. with that you should be fine but if you're still unsatisfied with noise/temps then get another 140mm fan. Also, this LTT Video is a great guide on how many fans you really need:

I wouldn't say this is the great guide but a basic guide for case fan setup. It only talks about basic methodology. There could have been so much they could have done but since Luke was in a hurry, they just did what they could quickly.