Is that setup good for 1080p, 120hz gaming on new titles?

HeftyNugget
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

They don't.

I've checked some benchmarks from like 10-15 different sources - all have shown one thing, ASUS STRIX OC is superior to all other cards but Titan, Titan X and dual-gpu's.

Well than go with it :)

But why would I want it, if it has minimal improvement over i-4970K Devils Canyon that I want to get.

Well i would recommend that you do some research about skylake and come back so you dont regreat anything

Myself im upgrading to skylake because of the new sick ass motherboards and because the new i5 is performing pretty dope (and ofc super speedy ddr4)

Well i would recommend that you do some research about skylake and come back so you dont regreat anything

Myself im upgrading to skylake because of the new sick ass motherboards and because the new i5 is performing pretty dope (and ofc super speedy ddr4)

Well, it's 100$ more for the CPU, about 100$ on mobo if I wanted to make use of the features and 160$ for DDR4 RAM.

So basically, 360$ for 5% performance increase and features I won't even use.

Desktop: ASUS Z97-AR | i7-4790K Devil's Canyon | ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX OC | Corsair 650W TX | Corsair Vengeance - 8 GB 1600 MHz | Samsung Pro 840 - 256GB | SilentiumPC HE1225 | Cooler Master HAF-932 Adv. | Razer Deathstalker | Razer Taipan | SteelSeries DEX | SteelSeries Siberia Elite Black Prism Edition | DXRacer Maximum Series | Bluemic Snowball Aluminium 
Laptop: ASUS Zenbook UX32LN

Camera: Nikon D5300

Well, thanks anyways - I hope the GPU I've picked is ok tho?

Desktop: ASUS Z97-AR | i7-4790K Devil's Canyon | ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX OC | Corsair 650W TX | Corsair Vengeance - 8 GB 1600 MHz | Samsung Pro 840 - 256GB | SilentiumPC HE1225 | Cooler Master HAF-932 Adv. | Razer Deathstalker | Razer Taipan | SteelSeries DEX | SteelSeries Siberia Elite Black Prism Edition | DXRacer Maximum Series | Bluemic Snowball Aluminium 

Well, thanks anyways - I hope the GPU I've picked is ok tho?

THE ASUS STRIX 980ti? ye its fine but some people seem to dislike it even on nvidia cards. I know its horrible on AMD cards but dont know if there is any issues on nvidia cards. 

THE ASUS STRIX 980ti? ye its fine but some people seem to dislike it even on nvidia cards. I know its horrible on AMD cards but dont know if there is any issues on nvidia cards. 

I've had an AMD card and no issues with it at all.

I've had an AMD card and no issues with it at all.

Strix coolers on AMD cards are not very reliable since the vrm cooling is not nearly sufficient enough, its actually non existing. Nothing wrong with AMD cards themself but Asus are to lazy to develop a proper cooler for their cards.

Dont know if the nvidia cards have hte same vrm cooling issue but some people just dont like the strix cooler

Strix coolers on AMD cards are not very reliable since the vrm cooling is not nearly sufficient enough, its actually non existing. Nothing wrong with AMD cards themself but Asus are to lazy to develop a proper cooler for their cards.

Dont know if the nvidia cards have hte same vrm cooling issue but some people just dont like the strix cooler

They don't.

I've checked some benchmarks from like 10-15 different sources - all have shown one thing, ASUS STRIX OC is superior to all other cards but Titan, Titan X and dual-gpu's.

They don't.

Thanks bro.

You were very helpful.