Can you limit Origin bandwidth usage?

orangecat

I have a 7 megabit connection and my maximum speeds can reach about 1 megabyte a second. origin seems to think it can suck up all my bandwidth and leave none for my other applications. Is there a way to limit Origin's bandwidth usage? Is there any software that can limit the applications bandwidth usage?

Some more recent motherboards come with applications that let you set preferences and bandwidth limits for certain applications but I'm afraid that your Z68X UD3H will have such a feature.

Case: 650D CPU: i5 4670K GPU: GTX 770 Gaming @1306MHz Motherboard: MAXIMUS VI Hero PSU: AX760 CPU Cooler: H100i RAM: 8GB Vengeance Pro @1866MHz Storage: 840 250GB SSD / 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14

http://seriousbit.com/netbalancer/

Free version lets you limit or prioritise up to 5 programs. Run in the background with no shitty taskbar icons. Works a treat.

Thanks. I used to use NetLimiter, but it stopped working since I upgraded to Windows 8, so I've been wanting to replace it for a long time now. :)

I have a 7 megabit connection and my maximum speeds can reach about 1 megabyte a second. origin seems to think it can suck up all my bandwidth and leave none for my other applications. Is there a way to limit Origin's bandwidth usage? Is there any software that can limit the applications bandwidth usage?

I experience the opposite problem, I get 40mbps and Origin thinks I get 0.5 mbps!

| Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus | MSI P67A-G45 | i5 2500K @ 4.2GHz |  Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus | EVGA GTX 670 FTW Edition 2GB | 8GB (2X4GB) Mushkin Blackline @ 1600MHz | 256GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD | 1TB Western Digital Caviar Green | Corsair 600CX V2 | Windows 7 64-bit |