Phone Number Spoofing...?

babadoctor

I was wondering on how certain websites like prankdial.com spoof phone numbers so it shows that it is coming from someone else than it really is...

Is there a program for this, or is it more complicated than that? (free)

Is this in any way related to how IP's are spoofed? And how that works?

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Just get a prepaid phone

A "burner"

[spoiler=»--((¯`·._.·¤~●oO му яιg Oo●~¤·._.·´¯))--«] Case: Corsair 600T White       CPU: Core i7 3930k @ 4.3GHz                     SSD: Crucial M500 480GB

MB:    Asus P9X79 LE         GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 Reference             HDD: WD Caviar Green 3TB

PSU:   Seasonic X-1050      RAM: G.Skill Trident X 32GB @ 2.4GHz   ☃ There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Just get a prepaid phone

A "burner"

No but i want to change my number to for example 1-666-666-6666

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

You still have to "buy" a phone number from your telecommunication company

See if they offer that number.

Most companies that "spoof" phone numbers have a large amount of numbers leased to them

There's no magic here.

Government agencies use a different method of spoofing,

If you'd like to read more about it you can find information here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caller_ID_spoofing

[spoiler=»--((¯`·._.·¤~●oO му яιg Oo●~¤·._.·´¯))--«] Case: Corsair 600T White       CPU: Core i7 3930k @ 4.3GHz                     SSD: Crucial M500 480GB

MB:    Asus P9X79 LE         GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 Reference             HDD: WD Caviar Green 3TB

PSU:   Seasonic X-1050      RAM: G.Skill Trident X 32GB @ 2.4GHz   ☃ There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Anyone with the right setup can change their phone numbers. The telephone system is actually quite dumb - the number displayed is actually metadata sent with the first and second ring (works akin to dialup/dsl IIRC) and your local phone company will just pass along whatever data the remote phone system provided. Anyone with a PBX set up can do it. Our work system lets us set our displayed number to anything, even phone numbers not owned by our company, and it's perfectly legal. That's one reason why it's near impossible to track or block robocalls, they are spoofing their number.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

Anyone with the right setup can change their phone numbers. The telephone system is actually quite dumb - the number displayed is actually metadata sent with the first and second ring (works akin to dialup/dsl IIRC) and your local phone company will just pass along whatever data the remote phone system provided. Anyone with a PBX set up can do it. Our work system lets us set our displayed number to anything, even phone numbers not owned by our company, and it's perfectly legal. That's one reason why it's near impossible to track or block robocalls, they are spoofing their number.

So how does one accomplish this? I want to send phone number metadata that is not actually my number, but an entirely different number, for example, 1-666-666-6666

Aside from having your own PBX setup up, which you can do with Asterisk (open source software) but still requires work with your phone provider, I think you have to relie on third party services.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: