Kingston SSD question

oskarstankovic

Hey guys, just have a question about this SSD, the Kingston Hyperx fury 120GB http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Digital-Adapter-SHFS37A-120G/dp/B00KW3MTBS/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1447458600&sr=8-18-spons&keywords=corsair+ssd&psc=1 does this one have the same ''issue'' of that NAND chip? I mean the Asynchronous vs Synchronous thing, the one that the Kingston V300 SSD have, kingston change the type of NAND chip, so the Kingston V300 series are 3 times or more slower than they used to be http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Digital-SSDNow-SV300S37A-120G/dp/B00A1ZTZOG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1447459049&sr=8-2&keywords=kingston+ssd+120gb

Just that, Thank you for your time, best regards.

Intel i5 4440 @ 3.10Hz • GA-Z97X-SLI • GTX 970 G1 • x2 Hyper X 8GB 1866MHz • SSD Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Hitachi 7200rpm 1TB • NZXT S340 Elite • Thermaltake 750W smart series • Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) • Logitech G502 | Razer deathadder 2013 (Died in battle) • Sennheiser HD58X • Audio-technica ATH-M50X • Hyper X Cloud 2 • Samsung 24'' CFG70 Curved Gaming Monitor •

Hey guys, just have a question about this SSD, the Kingston Hyperx fury 120GB http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Digital-Adapter-SHFS37A-120G/dp/B00KW3MTBS/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1447458600&sr=8-18-spons&keywords=corsair+ssd&psc=1 does this one have the same ''issue'' of that NAND chip? I mean the Asynchronous vs Synchronous thing, the one that the Kingston V300 SSD have, kingston change the type of NAND chip, so the Kingston V300 series are 3 times or more slower than they used to be http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Digital-SSDNow-SV300S37A-120G/dp/B00A1ZTZOG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1447459049&sr=8-2&keywords=kingston+ssd+120gb

Just that, Thank you for your time, best regards.

no, the Fury doesn't have that issue but its not the fastest SSD around but it does deliver SSD likes speeds at least.

EDIT: Did some more research, its a pretty bad SSD, if you can afford a BX100 or 850 EVO defiantly get that.

The HyperX line of SSDs remain untainted, so you should be just fine.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

It doesn't have the problem. The V300 is pretty much the only one that suffers that problem. Unless you go for another like Silicon Power or Transcend. Those are not really reputable brands.

Kingston done guffed on the V300. Calling it the SSDNow and then making it the only SSD available in places like Staples... Kingston really knows how to screw the non-techie individual, cos' they haven't stopped manufacturing the drives. Can't even get a 3K drive at stores.

The Fury doesn't have that problem.

I would go with a Savage though, because Phison controllers are beasts.

It doesn't have the problem. The V300 is pretty much the only one that suffers that problem. Unless you go for another like Silicon Power or Transcend. Those are not really reputable brands.

Kingston done guffed on the V300. Calling it the SSDNow and then making it the only SSD available in places like Staples... Kingston really knows how to screw the non-techie individual, cos' they haven't stopped manufacturing the drives. Can't even get a 3K drive at stores.

The Fury doesn't have that problem.

I would go with a Savage though, because Phison controllers are beasts.

The thing is that I´m a newfagg D: I just had hardware problems with my HDD, I send it to warranty but I need to start the PC from 0 again I´m also planning install it W10 pro, So I'm planning to probably buy an SSD I was thinking about the V300 SSDnow, but I read about the chip problem, So I´m with the HyperX fury one now, So do you have any other suggestion for the same range price? 

What´s the difference in that controllers that you talk about? The phison s10 of the savage and I don't know which is the Hyper X controller lol.

Sorry for the horrible English xD

Intel i5 4440 @ 3.10Hz • GA-Z97X-SLI • GTX 970 G1 • x2 Hyper X 8GB 1866MHz • SSD Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Hitachi 7200rpm 1TB • NZXT S340 Elite • Thermaltake 750W smart series • Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) • Logitech G502 | Razer deathadder 2013 (Died in battle) • Sennheiser HD58X • Audio-technica ATH-M50X • Hyper X Cloud 2 • Samsung 24'' CFG70 Curved Gaming Monitor •

Current V300 SSDnow are fine. I have one and it's at least as fast as advertised on the writes and faster than advertised on the reads. I picked it up "used" (powered on once) for $40. If the price is right, go for it. Other than price, there is no compelling reason to buy the V300 over any other model of SSD.

Kingston swaps silicon in their products regularly.They did it with ECC RAM and broke compatibility with a large number of motherboards. The Freenas forums recommend to not use Kingston RAM. Period.

Basically, the only reason anybody should ever buy anything from Kingston is that the price is MUCH lower than an equivelant product from another manufacturer.

The thing is that I´m a newfagg D: I just had hardware problems with my HDD, I send it to warranty but I need to start the PC from 0 again I´m also planning install it W10 pro, So I'm planning to probably buy an SSD I was thinking about the V300 SSDnow, but I read about the chip problem, So I´m with the HyperX fury one now, So do you have any other suggestion for the same range price? 

What´s the difference in that controllers that you talk about? The phison s10 of the savage and I don't know which is the Hyper X controller lol.

Sorry for the horrible English xD

I can't think of anything you could buy that would give you a noticeable performance improvement over the Fury. From what I understand it's just a standard SSD.

Normally for SSD buyers I would suggest a Crucial MX/BX100 or an Adata SP600/900. My main rig has an SP900 and my laptop has a Crucial M500. Both are rock-solid drives. Fast, consistent speeds, and they're not super-expensive. Nor do they try and dazzle you with a load of premium marketing like Corsair or Samsung. You get the drive, install whatever, and you're good to go.

Most SSD controllers from Marvell, Toshiba, etc, work just fine for the average consumer. But Phison controllers are sought after because of their sustained operations - they can go all day without bogging down. That's why I would have gone for the HyperX Savage over the Fury. Maybe a bit of a waste of money, because the difference would not be noticeable for most people, but if you're moving large amounts of files and you want the drive not to ever slow down, that's where Phison controllers shine.

I can't think of anything you could buy that would give you a noticeable performance improvement over the Fury. From what I understand it's just a standard SSD.

Normally for SSD buyers I would suggest a Crucial MX/BX100 or an Adata SP600/900. My main rig has an SP900 and my laptop has a Crucial M500. Both are rock-solid drives. Fast, consistent speeds, and they're not super-expensive. Nor do they try and dazzle you with a load of premium marketing like Corsair or Samsung. You get the drive, install whatever, and you're good to go.

Most SSD controllers from Marvell, Toshiba, etc, work just fine for the average consumer. But Phison controllers are sought after because of their sustained operations - they can go all day without bogging down. That's why I would have gone for the HyperX Savage over the Fury. Maybe a bit of a waste of money, because the difference would not be noticeable for most people, but if you're moving large amounts of files and you want the drive not to ever slow down, that's where Phison controllers shine.

Thank you for your time :D

And what can you tell me about the Corsair Force LS 120gb vs the HyperX Fury? they are also about the same price range.

Hey, I think I'm getting the Samsung 850 Evo 250gb, Which is around 30 bucks more, what do you think, is it worth?