Raspberry Pi temp gauge

Hello forum,

I've had this idea for quite a while now, and I thought I should share it with you guys, since I'm not too good with programming.

Have a raspberry pi, with multiple thermal sensors connected to it. Place the sensors onto multiple components of your rig (behind the CPU, on the GPU, PSU, hard drive etc.) and have the Pi display the temps on a 7 inch touch screen display. Then you can mount the display either to a couple empty bays, or you can have it on the inside of the case (if you have a big enough window, enough area, and the PC is on your desk, so the reading will be at eye level).

What do you guys (and gals) think? Can it be done?

If yes, how?

Thanks!!!

Code-name Nyx: R7-3800X w/ Scythe Fuma 2 Rev. B | Sapphire RX 5600XT | Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | Patriot Viper 4 Blackout | 3TB NVMe Storage| Cooler Master NR200 | Kubuntu/Windows 11 | Xiaomi Mi Curved 34" | Keebwerk Mega | Logitech G602 | Audio Technica ATH-M40X| Edifier e25 Luna

Could probs be done, but like... you can just get programs for this? :P

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

Could probs be done, but like... you can just get programs for this? :P

defeats the exercise, like when people ask us to do their programming homework. 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

You can get it to say in the bottom of the desktop, in the program tray.

I want it to be indapendent from the actual PC.

Code-name Nyx: R7-3800X w/ Scythe Fuma 2 Rev. B | Sapphire RX 5600XT | Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | Patriot Viper 4 Blackout | 3TB NVMe Storage| Cooler Master NR200 | Kubuntu/Windows 11 | Xiaomi Mi Curved 34" | Keebwerk Mega | Logitech G602 | Audio Technica ATH-M40X| Edifier e25 Luna

i don't see why not, but i'm pretty sure that without any real programming skills it'll take some time to figure it all out.

Maybe this helps: https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/projects/raspberrypi/tutorials/temperature/

This is very helpful, however I only know fortran 95. I kinda understand the code, but it still is very different from what I'm used to.

The follow up question is:

Is there a way to show the temps, in fixed places? What I mean is to show on the monitor something like this:

CPU:  45C

GPU:  60C

PSU:  50C

HDD:  28C

Intake: 26C

Outake: 30C