booting problem after wipe

striker477

I recently upgraded my pc and thought i would re-purpose my old pc by giving it to someone anyways. I wanted to wipe my hard drive first and I used active@killdisk to do so. I was trying to install windows on it using a flash drive but upon booting it says "active partition not found press any key" then if i press a key a few times I get the message "boot disk failure, insert system disk and press enter" anyone know what might be causing my issues? 

Did you make your flash drive bootable?

|| Case: Corsair Graphite 230T || CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K || CPU Cooler: Corsair A50 || Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 760 2GB WINDFORCE 3X || Motherboard: ASUS Z87-PRO ||

|| RAM: ADATA XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) || Storage: Seagate 600 SSD 240GB, WD Black 1TB || PSU: XFX Pro 650W Core Edition || OS: Windows 10 Pro || What's an optical drive? ||

What OS are you trying to install?

Between those, I'd pick USB-HDD.

|| Case: Corsair Graphite 230T || CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K || CPU Cooler: Corsair A50 || Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 760 2GB WINDFORCE 3X || Motherboard: ASUS Z87-PRO ||

|| RAM: ADATA XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) || Storage: Seagate 600 SSD 240GB, WD Black 1TB || PSU: XFX Pro 650W Core Edition || OS: Windows 10 Pro || What's an optical drive? ||

Windows 7 Professional.

That's what I figured I tried all the options just in case and nothing changed. 

Which using the usb as a boot disk seems to work as when i put it in my other pc it the icon as the same as the disk showed. 

I'm wondering if it could have something to do with the hard drive. 

Windows 7 Professional.

That's what I figured I tried all the options just in case and nothing changed. 

Which using the usb as a boot disk seems to work as when i put it in my other pc it the icon as the same as the disk showed. 

I'm wondering if it could have something to do with the hard drive. 

If you have an ISO, try creating your media with this:  http://wudt.codeplex.com/downloads/get/96313

I just tried going through that and when it tells me to insert usb device it says no compatible devices detected. Wonder why that is? 

I just tried going through that and when it tells me to insert usb device it says no compatible devices detected. Wonder why that is? 

Try a different one?

Apparently it must have been something wrong with the boot disk after all. I tried another flash drive and still couldn't get that program to work. I did a bit of searching and came across this topic. 

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1745525/windows-usb-tool-recognizing-flash-drive.html

Apparently other users have had the same issues trying to get the windows 7 download tool to work and instead talks about using a program called Rufus. I gave it a shot and so far I've made it farther than I have before. I'm currently attempting to install windows now.