Windows Sleep not Working Correctly

As the title implies, I'm having trouble with putting my PC to sleep. When I click the sleep button, what normally happens is that the screen goes off and so does the power to my peripherals (i.e. Keyboard, Mouse, etc.). But now for some reason it just shuts off the screen, and my plugged-in devices are still on? I really don't know what is going on, especially since I have not changed anything in my power states prior to this. The only thing I've done when noticing this is to change my power plans to default. It doesn't solve the problem.

As the title implies, I'm having trouble with putting my PC to sleep. When I click the sleep button, what normally happens is that the screen goes off and so does the power to my peripherals (i.e. Keyboard, Mouse, etc.). But now for some reason it just shuts off the screen, and my plugged-in devices are still on? I really don't know what is going on, especially since I have not changed anything in my power states prior to this. The only thing I've done when noticing this is to change my power plans to default. It doesn't solve the problem.

Go into advanced properties for your network device and make sure this is disabled. Verify that Wake On LAN is also disabled in your mobo BIOS.

zjULkho.jpg

Error: 410

might aswell change title to windows not working correctly because never is haha

Specs cpu:  i7 4770k  mobo: z87-pro RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB GPU: EVGA GTX 770 HDD: WD blue 1TB psu: TX750M case: 550D cooling: H100i monitor: Dell U2410/Samsung sa350

I <3 senheiser, ASUS, Corsair, Intel

Go into advanced properties for your network device and make sure this is disabled. Verify that Wake On LAN is also disabled in your mobo BIOS.

zjULkho.jpg

Im having trouble finding this. Im on a laptop.

For me that is caused by my bad router, try to unblug enthernet cable, and then put it to sleep.

Doesnt work.

Having trouble too, it's just I don't know where to look :P

Control Panel > Network and Internet >Network and Sharing Center > Click on Local area Connection

odAER0u.jpg

Click on Local Area Connection (Or wireless in your case?). Then click on Properties > Click Configure, then go to the Advanced Tab.

Quite the journey indeed.

Control Panel > Network and Internet >Network and Sharing Center > Click on Local area Connection

odAER0u.jpg

Click on Local Area Connection (Or wireless in your case?). Then click on Properties > Click Configure, then go to the Advanced Tab.

Quite the journey indeed.

Did it. Didnt work.

Did it. Didnt work.

Do you mean you couldn't get there or wake on lan didn't work?

I just realized "Wake on LAN" and "Wireless"  facepalm1.jpg

You haven't made any changes whatsoever in your laptop bios right?

Wake on LAN didnt do anything. Everything is on, just the screen goes off. The mouse and keyboard are still on when I put it to sleep. 

odAER0u.jpg

Worked for me, now let's just see if my computer stays asleep (I have an issue where it will wake itself up randomly)

I just realized "Wake on LAN" and "Wireless"  facepalm1.jpg

You haven't made any changes whatsoever in your laptop bios right?

Brb, Im going to check.

Have you perhaps considered checking the USB settings under your power plan?

Have you perhaps considered checking the USB settings under your power plan?

That fixed it. I love you right now.