Runescape

Hobox

Yeah, a thread for Runescape. There's bound to be some that play it here.

Discuss any and all things Runescape in the thread.

No, it's not for kids. Any stupid/annoying posts will be ignored.

I lost 2 years of my childhood to this game. LOL.I met some great people there. I was a dumb kid then, but I still believe this is the best browser-based mmorpg ever.

I always get a kick at thinking about all those kids sitting behind their computer watching their character cutting down a tree over and over.

I always get a kick at thinking about all those kids sitting behind their computer watching their character cutting down a tree over and over.

Possibly the same kick you get when thinking about all those kids sitting behind their computer watching their character run around Azeroth finding ore veins, herb patches, etc. Or watching their character smith tons of daggers, transmuting gold, etc in Skyrim.

Possibly the same kick you get when thinking about all those kids sitting behind their computer watching their character run around Azeroth finding ore veins, herb patches, etc. Or watching their character smith tons of daggers, transmuting gold, etc in Skyrim.

I'll be honest that the reason I posted cutting down trees instead of mining ore is because something about cutting down trees as a task is hilarious to me.

Not trying to pick on a game but I do believe that is something someone playing that game can spend almost all their time doing, unlike the other game examples you listed.

I did used to play the game 7 years ago smile.png

Possibly the same kick you get when thinking about all those kids sitting behind their computer watching their character run around Azeroth finding ore veins' date=' herb patches, etc. Or watching their character smith tons of daggers, transmuting gold, etc in Skyrim.[/quote'] I'll be honest that the reason I posted cutting down trees instead of mining ore is because something about cutting down trees as a task is hilarious to me. Not trying to pick on a game but I do believe that is something someone playing that game can spend almost all their time doing, unlike the other game examples you listed. I did used to play the game 7 years ago smile.png

Well yeah, they aren't as grind based. Runescape is honestly an extremely difficult game when you count leveling, and something I ALWAYS will defend is the quests in Runescape. They aren't stupid gather x kill y "quests", Runescape's quests are awesome, interesting, fun, long, and creative. And I used to absolutely loathe quests as a noob, once I really started doing them I learned to appreciate how awesome they are. That, and starting WoW with my friends and seeing their awful "quest" system and just how lame the game is, in my opinion.

Possibly the same kick you get when thinking about all those kids sitting behind their computer watching their character run around Azeroth finding ore veins' date=' herb patches, etc. Or watching their character smith tons of daggers, transmuting gold, etc in Skyrim.[/quote'] I'll be honest that the reason I posted cutting down trees instead of mining ore is because something about cutting down trees as a task is hilarious to me. Not trying to pick on a game but I do believe that is something someone playing that game can spend almost all their time doing, unlike the other game examples you listed. I did used to play the game 7 years ago smile.png
Well yeah, they aren't as grind based. Runescape is honestly an extremely difficult game when you count leveling, and something I ALWAYS will defend is the quests in Runescape. They aren't stupid gather x kill y "quests", Runescape's quests are awesome, interesting, fun, long, and creative. And I used to absolutely loathe quests as a noob, once I really started doing them I learned to appreciate how awesome they are. That, and starting WoW with my friends and seeing their awful "quest" system and just how lame the game is, in my opinion.

I'm not sure that measuring difficulty by how much you have to grind is the best approach.

I've never really enjoyed any quests in runescape or wow but I'll say that I did find the quests that I needed to unlock ancient magic on my pure back then very challenging.

Had lvl 1 defense, 14 or lower prayer, 94+ mage and was lvl 54 in combat trying to do those quests was very tricky. Had to abuse so many game mechanics to not die and complete them.

Was very fond of breaking that game back then with all sorts of bugs.

I started playing RS around 2005, give or take a year maybe two. I've logged 300+ days playtime, yes that is potentially over 7,200 hours of menial click grinding. In my defense (not like it matters) I would guess that a quarter of that time was AFK and/or bank standing and then probably another 1/3rd being low attention stuff like fishing where I only have to click on the game once or twice every few minutes while I watch TV or do work.

Don't really know what else to say except I really enjoyed the game for several years, met some great people, made some awesome friends (my two best friends to this day I actually met playing RS), had some amazing laughs, and then I eventually stopped playing partly because of the grind but more so because I didn't like the direction the game was going, or to be more specific I suppose the way JaGex was heading.

I used to play it. Now it's crap.

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

• 2 weeks later...

YEa i used to be huge into runescape, I am level 200 (was 137 before eoc), I dont play it as much anymore, but i do log on once and a while to play dunganeering with my friends

Started playing RS in 05 then quit in 07. Haven't played since I tried to play it last year but nope. Can't stand it anymore what they've done to the graphics doesn't make it feel like runescape, had to make a new account because I forgot my old one there was not tutorial island. I was actually really sad tut island was so fun. But there is an 06 private server up at the moment which is really quite enjoyable (project RS06) Any fans of RS from back then should definitely check it out.

Quit a month before EOC, was 2496 (Max cape and 120 dung) Stopped playing last summer. Game turned to crap :/

Played it back in 2003 to about 2005. Stopped playing--tried to start up in like 2010, but realised how bad it had become.

Oh yeah, that was the main reason I quitted WoW at level 7. I mean, those quests were just horrible!

RuneScape's quests have always intrigued me. They are very well written. Too bad I lost interest in RuneScape around two years ago, I miss playing it - but at the same time, when I log in, I just don't know what to do. If I force myself to do something, it gets boring very fast. So I fear I've grown out of it. I still want to do all of the quests, but my levels tell me otherwise. O'well. I'll get to it, trust me. ;D

I played a lot around 2007. I've recently started using it as a distraction when I watch tv shows. You can literally spam the same two buttons every 1-2 minutes and that constitutes as playing.

Quit a month before EOC' date=' was 2496 (Max cape and 120 dung) Stopped playing last summer. Game turned to crap :/[/quote']

You should try out Kalphite King, it's pretty fun.

I log onto my old account from middle school every few years and am constantly amazed on how much things have changed.

Used to play quite a bit, was going for max, was close but stopped a few months before EoC. I really didn't want to get used to it. Plus I started to play other PC games, which I find myself more single player rpg's than mmorpg's. Just can't get into any after RS. I can admit that I've played other mmorpg's for months, never have I played them more than RS. Started in 05 made many accounts and stopped 2012.

Intel Core i7-4790k | ASUS 4GB GTX 970 | 32GB (4X8GB) DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum

ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + WD 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H100i | Windows 8.1 64bit