Laptop ssd upgrade

So i assumed that upgrading a laptop from an hdd to an ssd would be as simple as putting a copy of windoes on it and bada boom, swap them out, but it wont detect the ssd, even after i made sure it was #1 is the boot priority list on the hdd bios. Im lost. I'd assume im missing some files or i may have to put the laptop drives on the ssd beforehand, but i wouldnt even know how to find those.

Laptop version acer aspire V5-473P-5602

I'm pretty sure you have to fresh install windows on the SSD. Maybe?

Spoiler
Spoiler

Case Corsair Air 540 CPU AMD Ryzen 5 1600 GPU EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 iCX Motherboard Asus X370-F Memory G.Skill Flare X 16GB (2x8) 2400MHz Display Asus VG248QE Storage Samsung 960 Pro 512GB - Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD - 1TB Seagate Barracuda - 1TB WD Blue OS MS X Pro Peripherals Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire -  Razer DeathAdder 2013

Spoiler

Case 15.4" Mid 2012 MacBook Pro CPU Intel Core i7-3720QM GPU Nvidia GT650M Memory Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz Display 1680x1050 AntiGlare Display Storage 1TB 5400RPM or Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD OS OS X Yosemite (Maybe El Capitan?) - BootCamp MS X Pro Peripherals Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 -  Razer DeathAdder 2013 - Mionix Naos 7000 - Logitech K120 - Razer Tartarus Keypad

that's what I did, but when I put it into the laptop, it gives an error and says nothing has been detected

You have to install windows after putting the drive in from what I know.

Lord of Helium.