Skyrim Crashing

Treboren

I purchased Skyrim in the Christmas sale however whenever I try to run it, my computer becomes unresponsive and freezes if I try to anything. It also fails to open "Task Manager". I have tried to find a fix and I did find someone who had the same problem the only recommendations this person had been given was to "Verify integrity of game cache" I have tried this and it dose come back with a missing file report. It automatically downloaded something and I retried starting the game however the same thing happened as the first time I launched it. Every time I "Verify integrity of game cache" it always has a missing file that is always 752 bytes. I was just gifted "Anno 2070" and have had a similar problem. I hope I have explained myself well enough and would be grateful for any help you can offer.

I would say that you should reinstall steam, if its a reoccurring error in multiple programs, it is most likely the client. Reinstall steam, make sure you back up you games so you dont have to redownload them. If the problem continues, delete Skyrim and all its stuff ( you can keep you save files if you want them) and then re download it, this should fix all you problems, tell me if you still have problems after this!

I would say that you should reinstall steam, if its a reoccurring error in multiple programs, it is most likely the client. Reinstall steam, make sure you back up you games so you dont have to redownload them. If the problem continues, delete Skyrim and all its stuff ( you can keep you save files if you want them) and then re download it, this should fix all you problems, tell me if you still have problems after this!
Thanks for the idea but unfortunately it hasn't fixed the problem

Does it crash in-game or in the launcher client? If in-game try putting 'Shadow detail' to low... helped me when it crashed (Skyrim doesn't allocate enough ram)

No, it crashes when when launching the game. Thanks though

Go into your Skyrim Directory and delete the folders: DotNetFX, VCRedist, Data, and DirectX10.... these files are usually the cause of headaches. Now open up steam and verify the integrity of the game, it will redownload these files. If it still doesn't work after redownloading: go back to your Skyrim Directory and delete the file installscript.vdf, and steam_api.dll, then repeat verify integrity of the game. If that doesn't work you'll need to re-install Steam, then re-install the game.

If none of that works, you're shit out of luck dude, you may need to to wipe your PC, and re-install windows.

i5 3570K - MSI GD65 z77 - 660ti 2gb SLI - Kingston HyperX Blu 8gb (4x2gb) - Corsair H100i - Corsair 500r - Corsair HX 850w - Kingston HyperX 120gb SSD