Which controller is best for PC gaming

Giganizer300PRO

Mouse and keyboard.

/jk

Xbox 360 controller the newer one.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Dual shock is the branding for Playstation controllers, referring to the dual rumble motors

The ps4 controller is the dual shock 4, it does require a software package called "input mapper" to function on PC, after which it acts directly like an Xbox 360 controller, but with what is effectively a laptop track pad, very convenient for navigating menus

Both the Xbox One and 360 controllers are plug and play with windows, no separate software, but I think the ps4 controller is more ergonomic

That's just how Sony names their controllers. The PS3's controller is the Dualshock 3, the PS4's is the Dualshock 4.

And some games actually do have native support for the DS4; Farcry 4 and Mad Max even show PS4 button prompts when you use it. Problem is, the controller only uses DirectInput, and most devs these days seem to prefer Xinput for some reason I cannot comprehend. InputMapper or DS4Windows solve that issue, though; they emulate an Xbox controller, give you a lot of extra options, and neither one requires any additional set up unlike stuff like x360ce, unless you want to start customizing stuff.

So the touch pad will work even if I need to emulate an XBOX controller?

Will the commands be XBOX or PS, if I need to run an InputMapper/DS4Windows?

Once you run IM/DS4Windows, the touchpad will work just like a regular multitouch pad, like a laptop's.

That second question, I don't understand. What do you mean if the commands will be Xbox or PS?

The button prompts on PC will be Microsoft unless you mod, it's not a matter of the controller, just that these games only contain Xbox prompts, some games can be changed, but you're better off just learning both button layouts, it's how I do it

A hand full of games like AC Unity, Arkham Knight, DBZ Xenoverse, detect ps4 controllers and work naively

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

i use xbox 360 controller with my pc games. I dont like other controllers