Asus Transformer Pad Infinity, questions

I currently have an Asus Eee PC netbook that's old and the battery needs replacing and it hates internet now. I like the look of the Asus Transformer tf700 (http://eee.asus.com//en/transformer-infinity/specification/

If anyone has knowledge on this device and has some thoughts on any of the things I've listed below to help me decide what I want to get this year I'd love to hear from you!

Things I'm looking for in my laptop/netbook/tablet hybrid are:

- size, no more than 11 inches

- easy/intuitive to use

- price, no more than $1000, and $500 would be best

- fun-ness, I like new shiny things

- able to see out of box and look at before buying, best buy had an open box of the transformer that I was able to check out today and it was nice, real nice 

Things I am concerned about with the Transformer:

- icecream sandwich, I have the Galaxy S3 so it would be nice to share apps between devices but I'm not sure how I feel about polaris for my word processing and not being able to have any of the same programs that I have on my PC at home on my laptop

- docking the tablet to the keyboard, it seems like a really fragile process that will cause a lot of wear and tear on that docking port (connecty bit, might not actually be called a port) will this break in a year and leave me without a keyboard? 

Things I will use this device for:

- taking notes in class (this is why I don't like the surface because the keyboard seems so flimsy and not able to be used on a lap in lecture)

- maintaining a wordpress website, which will need the ability to do basic photo editing which is why I'm sad I won't be able to use the same program that I have on my PC

- writing essays, doing research, procrastinating online via youtube/tv/movies

- detaching the tablet to use in bed/around the house, for facebook/tumblr/skype whatever that doesn't need a keyboard 

Things I am also considering to replace my existing netbook:

- another Asus Eee PC, I already have one it lasted like 4/5 years, it was good to me

- Macbook Air (11inch) it's light, Mac's last a long time, my brother swears by their customer service/repairs and that jazz, but it's a Mac and I'm so resistant to so many of the little features that define apple products. 

Android sucks in tablet form and Asus made Android tablet is like buying crap with crap on top.  

I would look for deals on Aspire S7 11.6 or a Lenovo Yoga 11s .

I personally have the asus infinity TF700t with the dock, I'm nowhere near as productive with it as much as I am with a laptop, It's awesome for media consumption, and recording lectures etc.

Android sucks in tablet form and Asus made Android tablet is like buying crap with crap on top.  

I would look for deals on Aspire S7 11.6 or a Lenovo Yoga 11s .

I don't know what you're on about regarding Asus making crap, the build quality is amazing, the IPS screen is amazing, the bloatware is crap but I just rooted and loaded up a custom android ROM. It's snappy, battery life is amazing 14 hours + with the dock with half brightness. I'm just guttered because I hardly use it compared to my thinkpad and I paid $850 NZD used for it.

#!

Asus make awesome products

We've got two 1st gen Nexus 7's and my Asus laptop, so i can speak as to their quality

Looking for a job

If you have smaller fingers then the keyboard will be fine for you, the docks also have a full sized USB so you can plug in a mouse or keyboard into it :)

#!

I'd say if you plan to do any actual work on it you're better off buying a notebook, I have a nexus 7 which I just use for browsing and watching videos and even then I just find that its far more enjoyable on a desktop or laptop. A tablet should be fine for things like class notes (especially if you like hand notes) but overall I think a notebook is a better choice given the android OS really limits what you can do on it. IMO an ultrabook of some description would probably be a good choice, just not sure if you could find a decent one on that budget, been a while since I've looked at notebooks and ultrabooks.

"Nexus 7 best to worst tablet I've ever owned" 

http://androidandme.com/2013/06/opinions/one-year-later-the-nexus-7-has-gone-from-the-best-to-worst-tablet-ive-ever-owned/

Not to mention all sorts of performance issues with Transformer Prime and the rest of the crap Asus pulls out of their asses thinking they have created the next iDevice.

You yourself just said that you don't use your Infinity proving my point.

The laptops I've mentioned come with ips displays also and they do a lot more than an Android tablet.  

I personally have the asus infinity TF700t with the dock, I'm nowhere near as productive with it as much as I am with a laptop, It's awesome for media consumption, and recording lectures etc.

I don't know what you're on about regarding Asus making crap, the build quality is amazing, the IPS screen is amazing, the bloatware is crap but I just rooted and loaded up a custom android ROM. It's snappy, battery life is amazing 14 hours + with the dock with half brightness. I'm just guttered because I hardly use it compared to my thinkpad and I paid $850 NZD used for it.

"Nexus 7 best to worst tablet I've ever owned" 

http://androidandme.com/2013/06/opinions/one-year-later-the-nexus-7-has-gone-from-the-best-to-worst-tablet-ive-ever-owned/

Not to mention all sorts of performance issues with Transformer Prime and the rest of the crap Asus pulls out of their asses thinking they have created the next iDevice.

You yourself just said that you don't use your Infinity proving my point.

The laptops I've mentioned come with ips displays also and they do a lot more than an Android tablet.  

I don't think you're looking at this subject objectively, have you had a bad experience with Asus?

I don't know what you mean by "pulling out of their asses" - could you list some personal experiences that you've encountered?

#!