Steam gift'ing

watts300
Go to solution Solved by thekeemo,

buy it as a gift and keep it in your inventory

Probably another easy one for all the gamers out there:

My son and I each have a Steam account. 

I found something on Steam I want to buy for him for his birthday next week.  The sale price ends before his birthday. Is there any way to buy it for his account now without him knowing?  

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

You can buy it as a gift and keep it as an item in your inventory. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I don't know what you're talking about.  Will it make sense when I go through the check out? 

Will it just sit as an item on my account waiting to be delivered to the recipient? 

I don't know what you're talking about.  Will it make sense when I go through the check out? 

Will it just sit as an item on my account waiting to be delivered to the recipient? 

yes it will

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

There's a buy as a gift option when checking out, it is pretty straight forward when you get to it. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

There will be an option when you checkout, and it just goes to your inventory.

fe7506d010.png

3700x, Asus B450i, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB, Gigabyte GTX 970 ITXDan A4-SFX, SX600-G, 120mm AIO.

why you go to buy it was ask if it a gift or for you you press gift and it should of you an option to keep it to send as a gift later.

Awesome.  

Ya that was simple.  Thanks every one. 

Firsties got best answer.

There will be an option when you checkout, and it just goes to your inventory.

<snip screenshot>

Why is it that you have so many games in your inventory?  Aren't they unplayable? 

Why is it that you have so many games in your inventory?  Aren't they unplayable? 

I can just add them to my library when I feel like playing them. If I don't think I'll end up playing one of them I can just give it to someone or trade it.

3700x, Asus B450i, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB, Gigabyte GTX 970 ITXDan A4-SFX, SX600-G, 120mm AIO.

Because he doesnt want to play them and may want to give them to friends but may want to keep it. This gives him the choice.

I can just add them to my library when I feel like playing them. If I don't think I'll end up playing one of them I can just give it to someone or trade it.

:) I guess what I meant is, why do you have any at all? Did you buy extras in bundles with other games?

:) I guess what I meant is, why do you have any at all? Did you buy extras in bundles with other games?

Oh, I just want to finish playing what's in my library already.