Xbox one chat audio

wasgij6

Hello,

Does anyone know if the chat audio is passed through the optical audio out?

I want to get a pair of wireless headphones and use a mod mic. The wireless headphones have a wireless transmitter with optical audio and stereo (3.5 mm) as its inputs. I'm wondering if I would hear the game audio and chat audio through the wireless headphones if I use the optical audio out from the one.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure it would work too but the headphones I might buy are expensive and want a more definite answer. Maybe someone that has a setup similar can chime in.

If I had some speakers that had optical audio I would test it myself but my speakers only have stereo.

As far as im aware the chat still goes through the chat port on the controller only game sound goes through the optical port

• 4 weeks later...

zoney is correct. I tried the setup i explained and i dont hear any chat audio. I REALLY hope they change this in the new update.

Hello,

Does anyone know if the chat audio is passed through the optical audio out?

I want to get a pair of wireless headphones and use a mod mic. The wireless headphones have a wireless transmitter with optical audio and stereo (3.5 mm) as its inputs. I'm wondering if I would hear the game audio and chat audio through the wireless headphones if I use the optical audio out from the one.

Thanks

Wow, I just posted about this without seeing your post.. This really sucks... I have the same problem, running Rs 185's (I love them) and tried using a mod mic for chat and cant hear chat audio or talk to anyone...