HIS 7950 fan screen output problems

MJOLNITR VIPER

I have the HD 7950 fan edition from HIS that i have been using for almost 6 months now. After a month with it, the card began to put a red/pink screen that would take over the whole screen on a black background. This problem normally occurs when i am just browsing the internet or watching some videos on the internet. When I am gaming the card would also occasionally momentarily black out for about a second or two. I would like to know if anyone has a way to fix this without having to RMA my card because i don't own a back up card, thus I would be left without video during that time because of the X-79 platform.

Thanks in advance for all the help everyone,

Louie

A close friend of mine had the same issue happen to him after exactly 6 months of purchasing an XFX 5870 a few months after the issues started the GPU began causing system freezes crashes, artifacts and BSODs.

He gave me the card to test it on my machine, the first time I tested it everything worked perfectly , the second time I tested it I got all sorts of issues , screen tearing on the boot info screen , failure to boot, BSODs, crashes, freezes , the screen would go black & white & so on.

I believe you should RMA the card as fast as you can .

I don't like to be barer of bad news but I think your card is dying .