8350 Gaming Saturation Topic

I have been following alot of the Tech world for the better part of the last few months and there have been alot of new releases during that time.

Haswell has released, Richland Released, 700 Series GPu's Released....AMD Microstuttering Patches. And the list ultimately goes on and on.

However since being on Haswell, i am actually completely bored with my performance. Like actually bored, I'm in no way's enthusiast but i like squeezing performance out of my hardware out a sort of pride thing i have had since my Very First Build (i5 2400, GTX 580....Good times were had on Witcher 2).

Since becoming a student and living off a budget i have only been able to afford an i5 4300 and a 650ti Boost 2GB. The performance scaling is all over the place depending on certain games...but i have noticed that alot of the time my Frame Counter nests at 56 FPS. Although not too bad, i am starting to crave for more performance and have been looking left right and center and while everything looks appealing...nothing screams BUY ME! right now besides older (Also known as No longer available) Hardware for sale.

But then i thought about the scaling thing and what AMD is doing and with HSA/FUMA and all that......Do GPus Offload Gaming code to CPu's as much these days or are GPu's becoming more and more independant/Standalone from the Desktop system in a Gaming Sense? Yes or No? And if not....Would this mean that as more and more code is shared/offloaded to the CPu would this mean that Ultimately the 8350 would be the better choice now given that as it has been shown alot that more work for that CPu means more benefits?

OR

Is the GPu becoming so much more of a pillar of computing power that the Gigahertz race is ultimately going to be brought into question if gaming doesn't require 'that much' power.

Surely this topic would have been brought into the spotlight with the whole 'Multi-threaded Vs. Single-Threaded' Arguement but i really am curious to know seeing as before i make and decisions on what to jump to whether or not the amount of Graphic's Grunt will be the bigger factor for performance over how fast my CPu is.

My Current choice is either this.....

I5 4670 (Non-K for now, as i am a little unsure about overclocking Price/Performance, reality of changing up to the 5th Gen intel because i'm a definite hardware enthusiast)
OR
FX 8350 (If i get this i might be betting on the 'more code for games coming/ more threads and starting to learn about Overclocking in order to see exactly if this future is coming or not)

Sorry for TL;DR stuff but ultimately i DO know that buying a GTX 780 over a 560ti is a clear winner...But in coming Years will this matter if compute power becomes amalgomated?

AMD if you are on a budget. I always recommend a unlocked CPU even if you are not overclocking, because you might want to overclock in the future.

And resell value is higher

Is it ? I'd be hesitant to buy a CPU I know the owner overclocked.

Don't say you did then.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

Is it ? I'd be hesitant to buy a CPU I know the owner overclocked.

A overclocked CPU isnt damaged unless its pushed to the extreme, Overlocking shortens the life span by a year or two max. honestly unless your trying to push 10 years out of the cpu, I would worry about overclocking damaging the cpu. by th e time the cpu is going to die, the hardware will be way out of date

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Chassis/Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Deluxe RAM:  Team Vulcan 2x4Gb(2133Mhz)  Video Card: Asus 7970 Direct CU II Custom Rom (150% Power, 1100 core 6Ghz Memory)  Power Supply: Fractal Integra R2 750 Watt  Keyboard: Cooler Master Quick Fire Rapid (MX Blue Switches)  MouseCorsair M90 Storage: SX900 128Gb, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM, WD Green 1TB 7200RPM   MY OLD BUILDLOG

The Fastest 8350 @5.33Ghz with a score of 9.16pts in Cinebench 11.5

Go for AMD, as you can see in Logan from teksyndicate video, 8350 wins when you do heavy workload. More core is needed in future gaming. And from his benchmark result, Intel cpu is 10fps (as example because I dont remember the exact fps) higher when 1080p gaming, then, 2-3 fps higher in 1440p gaming... :D

A overclocked CPU isnt damaged unless its pushed to the extreme, Overlocking shortens the life span by a year or two max. honestly unless your trying to push 10 years out of the cpu, I would worry about overclocking damaging the cpu. by th e time the cpu is going to die, the hardware will be way out of date

There is no way you can know how much the owner has pushed it and that's why I'd be very hesitant to buy any unlocked Intel processors.