Scaling issue in game.

orcinhell

So I was not sure were to put this topic as it involves quite a few things.

I have a BenQ XL240G monitor, and a strix 970 graphics card.

For shooters I prefer low FOV, somewhere around the 70 mark. Recently I got back into counter strike, which forces FOV... I use to play it in 1.6 days and found 16:9 to be too much. So I decided to play at my old resolution 1280X1024 and its much much better.

The problem is I prefer to browse the web and play other games such as racing games at 16:9 1080P or given the option shooting games at 1080P with a low FOV.

Currently if I set CSGO resolution to "1280X1024" it scales vertically, i.e. stretches 1024 to 1080 giving me a blurry image, I have tried launching with "-w 1280 -h 1024" in launch options... I have made sure its "4:3" and in my Nvidia control panel definitely have "no scaling" selected.

The only way I can get "1280x1024" in CS GO with no scaling to work is by setting my desktop res to "1280X1024" then I have to run CS GO in borderless window mode.

I have asked on the CS GO forums with no luck. So figured I would give here I shot because I cannot work out how to run my desktop resolution in 1080P and get CS GO running fullscreen 1280X1024 with no scaling.

Thanks for any help.

So I was not sure were to put this topic as it involves quite a few things.

I have a BenQ XL240G monitor, and a strix 970 graphics card.

For shooters I prefer low FOV, somewhere around the 70 mark. Recently I got back into counter strike, which forces FOV... I use to play it in 1.6 days and found 16:9 to be too much. So I decided to play at my old resolution 1280X1024 and its much much better.

The problem is I prefer to browse the web and play other games such as racing games at 16:9 1080P or given the option shooting games at 1080P with a low FOV.

Currently if I set CSGO resolution to "1280X1024" it scales vertically, i.e. stretches 1024 to 1080 giving me a blurry image, I have tried launching with "-w 1280 -h 1024" in launch options... I have made sure its "4:3" and in my Nvidia control panel definitely have "no scaling" selected.

The only way I can get "1280x1024" in CS GO with no scaling to work is by setting my desktop res to "1280X1024" then I have to run CS GO in borderless window mode.

I have asked on the CS GO forums with no luck. So figured I would give here I shot because I cannot work out how to run my desktop resolution in 1080P and get CS GO running fullscreen 1280X1024 with no scaling.

Thanks for any help.

Did you set scaling to be performed by the GPU and checkbox the "override scaling mode set by games" in the NVIDIA control panel?

Did you set scaling to be performed by the GPU and checkbox the "override scaling mode set by games" in the NVIDIA control panel?

Yea tried with and without. nothing seems to work.