Windows 10 picture importing

SpagettiNinja

So i was helping my parents with some computer stuff. They have recently upgraded to windows 10 and had some small problems with different things, which i was able to fix without any problems.

But there is one thing i want to improve on a bit more if possible, and that is how to import pictures from a camera.

On Windows 7, the second you plugged in the camera, the window came up asking what you wanted. You would click "import pictures blabla" and it imported the pictures. 

On Windows 10, i have now made it that it does say the "import pictures" stuff (Not enabled by default apparently, wtf Microsoft), but my problem is that it has to be done through the new "Photo" app, which is a piece of shit. I would prefer to do it the "old" way, with just the window opening and clicking import (Like, through windows explorer or whatever it used), and not having the Photo app and stuff open. I dont believe this is possible, but if anyone knows anything, i would appreciate it.

CPU i7-9700K @ 5 GHz Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F RAM Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (4x8) 3000 MHz GPU ASUS RTX 2080 ROG Strix OC x2 SLI Case Corsair Graphite 780T Storage 256 GB Samsung 860 EVO, 6 TB Seagate Barracuda PSU Corsair HX1200i, 1200W Display(s) ASUS PG279Q (1440p 165 Hz), ASUS VG248QE (1080p 144 Hz) Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 radiator Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Logitech G502 Sound Logitech G35 Operating System Windows 10

So i was helping my parents with some computer stuff. They have recently upgraded to windows 10 and had some small problems with different things, which i was able to fix without any problems.

But there is one thing i want to improve on a bit more if possible, and that is how to import pictures from a camera.

On Windows 7, the second you plugged in the camera, the window came up asking what you wanted. You would click "import pictures blabla" and it imported the pictures. 

On Windows 10, i have now made it that it does say the "import pictures" stuff (Not enabled by default apparently, wtf Microsoft), but my problem is that it has to be done through the new "Photo" app, which is a piece of shit. I would prefer to do it the "old" way, with just the window opening and clicking import (Like, through windows explorer or whatever it used), and not having the Photo app and stuff open. I dont believe this is possible, but if anyone knows anything, i would appreciate it.

i use windows explorer and windows photo viewer

not the new photos app

BTW

RIGHT CLICK ON A PHOTO 

OPEN WITH

CHOOSE DEFAULT>

WINDOWS PHOTO VIEWER

i use windows explorer and windows photo viewer

not the new photos app

BTW

RIGHT CLICK ON A PHOTO 

OPEN WITH

CHOOSE DEFAULT>

WINDOWS PHOTO VIEWER

I know, i know, i did that too. My question was about the importing process itself, not the viewing. I sorted that out already.

CPU i7-9700K @ 5 GHz Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F RAM Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (4x8) 3000 MHz GPU ASUS RTX 2080 ROG Strix OC x2 SLI Case Corsair Graphite 780T Storage 256 GB Samsung 860 EVO, 6 TB Seagate Barracuda PSU Corsair HX1200i, 1200W Display(s) ASUS PG279Q (1440p 165 Hz), ASUS VG248QE (1080p 144 Hz) Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 radiator Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Logitech G502 Sound Logitech G35 Operating System Windows 10

I know, i know, i did that too. My question was about the importing process itself, not the viewing. I sorted that out already.

i never use the import tool it always fucks up.

I just copy paste it. from MY computer > IPOD/Camera/Video Camera/SD CARD

Something you can configure in AutoPlay?

Type AutoPlay in start menu, select that program. Play with it a little bit.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

i never use the import tool it always fucks up.

I just copy paste it. from MY computer > IPOD/Camera/Video Camera/SD CARD

That is actually harder than the option we have right now, which i described. Which.. seems to work at the moment, anyways.

Something you can configure in AutoPlay?

Type AutoPlay in start menu, select that program. Play with it a little bit.

There are a bunch of options, but the only "usable" import option really is the Photo app. Although i would prefer to use the like "Windows Explorer" kind of importing, which was actually easier and.. well, more automatic, even, than this Windows 10 option.