Windows 7 OEM Key

AustinKZombie

If i have used the key once on my desktop can I use it again to reinstall a fresh copy to an ssd and then redownload all my programs etc, or do i need to buy a new key.

If you re install you can contact windows over the telephone and see

If it is yours and you are installing on a SSD you should be good,

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

If i have used the key once on my desktop can I use it again to reinstall a fresh copy to an ssd and then redownload all my programs etc, or do i need to buy a new key.

ETHO'D LOL :)

Double check everything, I am usually wrong.

it wont be a problem, while trying to solve an issue with my new build i re installed windows 8 like 5 or 6 times and windows 7... the key will work to install and if it asks you later to register your key and its giving you problems just call Microsoft and explain your just re installing, im 99% you wont have an issue though.

RIG:|Corsair Obsidion 650d|MSI Mpower Z87| i7-4770k (4Ghz)|Corsair H100 cooler|16Gb corsair dominator platinum 1866Mhz|  EVGA GTX 780 classified (runs at 1240Mhz)| 1200W pc power and cooling silencer mkIII PSU|recon sound blaster champion series| 1Tb WD black| 256Gb Samsung 840 pro| Monitors:| Samsung px2370| ASUS VG248QE| X-star 27" 2560x1440 korean monitor (runs at 100Hz)| other stuff:| Razer black widow ultimate| Razer mamba 2013 edition| Razer Vespula mousepad| Klipsch X10i| Ultrasone Pro750| Harmon/Kardon sound sticks 2| 

Yeah you should be good.

My OEM key was fine after installing it on my ssd.

Then was still fine after I changed cpu and motherboard.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

If its the same motherboard , should be fine. I have done it a lot of times before.

i5 3570k | EVGA GTX 670 FTW | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz | Crucial M4 128GB | WD 1 TB Black |

If you can't use the code, all you have to do is call Microsoft. You'll get someone who'll ask you what the code is and they'll activate it for you. At least that's what happened to me.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have changed the boot device and want to re-install the same windows you had with the same key then you will most likely have to call M$ to get it activated on the new boot device. 

THE PIT VIPER SPECS

4790k @ 4.7ghz  (EVGA CLC 360MM) | 32GB Patriot Viper Extreme @2133 mhz | Asus Z97-DELUXE Cooler Master H500M.| EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3

Yes. It'll be fine. I just made major upgrade with oem keycode and worked fine. You can try to use microsofts own aplication for reactivating key (didn't work for me). And you don't need to enter product key during installation. You can do it later when activating windows. I didn't even need to call them.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv