Need Help with SSD

Jettster

Hey guys, first time computer builder here.

I'm a complete noob with all this stuff and I've got a problem.

So I'm looking into getting a Samsung 850 EVO SSD, and there's a kind that's cased in and is supposedly "Internal" and there's one with all the innards showing and calls itself "internal" too. I'm looking for the one I can actually put inside my computer, and from installation videos I've seen. the one that's cased in is outside of the case using SATA to USB cords and things like that.

So, which one can actually go into the computer case?

Thanks!

aqmfN6W.png

Both of those can go inside your case. The one on the left can either attach to the motherboard directly, or it can go on a PCIE card/adapter thingy, which itself goes directly into the motherboard.

The one on the right connects via a SATA cable.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

What motherboard do you have? If it is not recent chances are you will not be able to fit the one on the left unless you buy an adaptor as well, as that is an M.2 add in card, which is quite new.