Addoncustoms LED review

FunkyFeatures

I was quite honestly not planning for this review to happen. I never thought I would go ahead and pay for aesthetics, but then I stumbled upon something. AddonCustoms. Currently, they only sell LEDs, but the sleeving is handmade, and is quite honestly, the cheapest and best LEDs I’ve seen on the market. That now leads me to reviewing one of their LED strips, because I am disappointed of how few people know this alternative to other case lighting.
The LED strip itself – what makes it special?
So first some specs:
Product Specifications

• One 10"(25.4cm) Long LED Strip. (8mm Wide)
  • 15 LED housings per strip (3 LEDs per housing, a total of 45 LEDs per strip)
  • Cable sleeved with HIGH DENSITY Black Paracord
  • Sticky back for easy installation
  • Voltage 12v DC (Safe for computer use)
  • BLACK PCB (Printed Circuit Board), easy to hide.
  • LED protection level 65 (Click here for more information)
  • Silicone Coated for extra protection
  • Each set is tested for 12 hours, before being available to buy.
  • LIFETIME warranty

My two 25CM red 5050 LED strips came in a cardboard box – a tiny one. Honestly, if anyone manages to open that box during shipping, be proud of the theif, as it took me about 10 minutes to figure out how to open it :D Jokes aside, good shipping, took seven days to arrive to Denmark from the UK, and cost 4,5£.

You can customize your orderwhich is the beauty of AddonCustoms. You can decide the length of the cable, up to 200CM, and you can decide the connecter, Molex or 3 pin fan connector. It looks to be waterproof, but don’t quote me on that, and it can be down-volted to 7V, to dim the lights.

It comes with custom sleeving, which is very nice. It reminds me very much of the sleeving on the Razer Deathadder. On the back of the LED strip, your find the adhesive that is supposed to stick to your case, and on the front, there is the LEDs. They sit in some sort of lines of three, before it *looks* like it can be cut to custom size (copper connection points). Why would anyone order that short of an LED strip? Well, they are as the website said – ULTRA BRIGHT. I am guessing they are short to keep the LEDs tight together, and focus more of the light, instead of it spilling everywhere, and it looks quite nice.

How would one go about reviewing an LED strip? I have no clue – It works, it looks nice, but I also have a complaint. Mounting the LED in the top of my Define R5, ended up making it fall down. I applied some double sided tape, and now it’s been sitting there ever since. A suggestion could be to use some different adhesive – most definitely some stronger. It was an easy fix.
Ending with a TL:DR pros and cons, and worth mentioning
Pros:
· Cheap
· Super Bright
· Customizable
· Handmade, quality controlled for 12 hours, low risk of DOA
· Great sleeving
· LIFETIME WARRANTY!
Cons:
· I found the adhesive to not be strong enough, ended up replacing with double-sided tape
Worth Mentioning:
· One of my friends accidently ordered 200CM of cable, thinking it was the LED strip that had that length – the owner contacted him to confirm if he misunderstood it, he ended up getting refunded and reordered the LED with the proper cablelength, you are being treated quite well when you buy from here.
· They have a new website in development, ETA is the 1st of September. It is now here
· At the moment they only sell LEDs, but plan to expand to more modding in the direction of cables and sleeving – check the website: addoncustoms.com

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

• 4 months later...

Thanks for this review, Sorry I missed it.

Few changes regarding the LEDs that I should mention.
All LED strips have been upgraded and are now brighter, and been extended, they are now 30cm (10") long and now contain 18 LEDs.
Adhesive backing has been replaced with a really strong acrylic foam (10x stronger than the 3m tape that comes on pre applied on most led strips)

We have just launched our new store and you can see all our customisable LED lighting at AddonCustoms.com, our LED lighting now has over 600 possible combinations, and all strips are wired and sleeved by hand and tested before being sent.

All products are currently on sale (20% off) until the 23rd January and you can get an extra 10% off by using the coupon code "LinusTech" (don't forget the Capital L and T) coupon also expires on the 23rd January.

UV LEDs are now available, and RGB will be getting added within the next few days. We will also be selling sleeving, IceModz sleeving will be available from January and our very own line of paracord will be available later next year.

We ship throughout the UK from £1
We also ship worldwide for as little as $6.70 USD

Any questions feel free to PM me. :D

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.