SMITE...have you tried it?

LargeGeek

Has anyone else tried HiRez Studio's SMITE yet?

I fired it up last night and played a couple rounds. I played League of Legends way back in beta and early release. It was alright, but I just don't like the idea of twitch gaming and an isometric view (don't even mention RTS's, I could hold my own on AoE2 when I was in highschool). The 3rd person MMORPG-like controls of SMITE mixed with the MOBA gameplay is really clicking with me however. I was an avid WoW Arena player back in the day and this is scratching those old itches.

Now just to get my cousin, who is addicted to LoL, to play SMITE. He was also my guildmate and PVP partner in WoW.

"Practice static safety, hack naked." - Mega Tokyo

i7-3770K, 16GB, Samsung 840PRO, R9-290X, Corsair 650D

I downloaded it and played with friends for a bit. I play a lot of League as well and I had a hard time getting used to the feel of Smite. I don't actually like it all that much :/

CPU \\ i7-3770K@4.6GHz Motherboard \\ MSI MPower Z77 RAM \\ 16GB 1886 Patriot Viper 3 GPU \\ EVGA GTX 670 SC+ 4GB CASE \\ Corsair 600T SE White Storage \\ Western Digital Black 2TB PSU \\ Seasonic SS-760XP2 Cooling \\ H100i + 3 Swiftech Helix 120s 

I have played smite since closed beta. i really enjoy the game even though i completly suck at conquest but arena im good at.

i havent played alot becuse i only have time for gaming every second weekend so my selection of gods are still abit small.

Great game love that diffrent feel it got :)

I've played enough to unlock Hercules. Loving it so far. Heard they should be going for release around end of March-April. Wish I could through them a fiver for just enough to unlock a god or two and support them. I dont want the whole bunch of them that the $30 bundle gets you. I like to specialize (Herc' & Loki so far). Heck I pretty much just played a Ret Pally in WoW (would only even respec when things were getting too boring and would eventually take a break soon after). Never played alts in any serious way.

well good luck with hercules he is bad unless you really learn him which i cant :)

i only play a few characters my self too. loki or xbalanque and sometimes ra or zeus if we need some magical but only if i really have too i dont like to play other than loki and xbalanque :)

dont know anything about release but open beta and release is pretty much the same in my eyes :)

Hercules is more of a griefer-tank than full on melee. Just when you think you have him, he's gonna put you in a situation where if he doesn't kill you, something else will. He is hard to play early game, but by 15 I can pretty much never die and control whatever situation that comes up. (Makes it sounds like I am better than I am, but I think a lot of the people I have gone against aren't sure how to play against him).