What real world performance difference is there between the MSI GTX 770 lightning and gaming editions?

RoryLogue

How much fps or whatever am I paying for in the lightning edition? Is it worth it?

Any help appreciated, thanks.

the lightning version uses 2x8pin connectors instead of the reference 8pin+6pin and it overclocks much better. also the cooler looks badass

CPU: Intel core i5 4670k @ 4.4ghz  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U9B SE2 GPU: GTX 660 Motherboard: MSI Z87M-Gaming RAM: Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 2x4gb Black @1.6ghz Power supply: Corsair HX650 80 plus gold Storage: Adata 64GB SSD + Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: Corsair Obsidian 350d

the lightning version uses 2x8pin connectors instead of the reference 8pin+6pin and it overclocks much better. also the cooler looks badass

What's the advantage of that? (Bold)

Lightning has more overclocking potential, because of the better grade parts used to on the pcb and unlocked BIOS. It also has a black pcb and back plate. The Gaming Edition has a brown pcb if I remember right and no back plate. :)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

It is not a difference in performance really, they are both GTX 780s and so they will both perform like GTX 780s.  It is like asking which performs better, an i5-4670K with a Hyper 212 or an i5-4670K with a Noctua NH-D14.  There is not much difference in out of the box performance, it is just more overclocking potential.