850 EVO booting up way too slow on Win10

FaZe Booce

Sorry. I'm making another windows 10 thread.

I finally got Win10 installed. I restarted so I could overclock my cpu back to where it was, and it told me my C:/ drive was corrupted. It went through recovery for like 10ish minutes and then went on to restart. At the BIOS screen, the loading circle thing(?) appeared in front of a black square in the middle of my screen. No text, it was just loading something. This went on for like 5 minutes. My computer then went to a black screen for about 5 more, and finally it starts up, which also took probably around 2 minutes. Finally logged on, and I couldn't open anything for like 30 seconds. Every time I restart or shut down, my pc starts up like this. This is an SSD we are talking about. It never started up so slow and weird. 

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

Sorry. I'm making another windows 10 thread.

I finally got Win10 installed. I restarted so I could overclock my cpu back to where it was, and it told me my C:/ drive was corrupted. It went through recovery for like 10ish minutes and then went on to restart. At the BIOS screen, the loading circle thing(?) appeared in front of a black square in the middle of my screen. No text, it was just loading something. This went on for like 5 minutes. My computer then went to a black screen for about 5 more, and finally it starts up, which also took probably around 2 minutes. Finally logged on, and I couldn't open anything for like 30 seconds. Every time I restart or shut down, my pc starts up like this. This is an SSD we are talking about. It never started up so slow and weird. 

probably driver issue. my windows 10 boot up time is less than 5 seconds after the bios screen. 

db0d3dd310.png

I have a 850 Evo and a Z87 XPower and I'm on Windows 10 Pro

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

db0d3dd310.png

I have a 850 Evo and a Z87 XPower and I'm on Windows 10 Pro

It might be drivers. I'll reinstall them and see how it works

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

It might be drivers. I'll reinstall them and see how it works

I don't have any drivers other then what I should have. I don't even have Samsung Magician installed. My system from a Cold boot takes 13.08 seconds from shut down to start up.

2dfd094bbb.jpg

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

I don't have any drivers other then what I should have. I don't even have Samsung Magician installed. My system from a Cold boot takes 13.08 seconds from shut down to start up.

Idk why this is happening then. It was working fine until I upgraded

Idk why this is happening then. It was working fine until I upgraded

Did you do the upgrade or a fresh install? Cause I upgraded 3 desktops and 1 laptop yesterday and their boot times are fine.

|King Of The Lost|

Did you do the upgrade or a fresh install? Cause I upgraded 3 desktops and 1 laptop yesterday and their boot times are fine.

Upgraded in Windows Update. Ever since then my computer has acted like it is dying on startup.

Give it a day. The first half a dozen times I restarted after doing a clean install on my laptop the boot and shutdown times were infuriating.

A day and half a dozen installs (yay Steam!) later, and it boots faster than it did when it was new.

Give it a day. The first half a dozen times I restarted after doing a clean install on my laptop the boot and shutdown times were infuriating.

A day and half a dozen installs (yay Steam!) later, and it boots faster than it did when it was new.

It's all magically better now. Wow! after like 5 restarts and having my pc shut down for a while to leave my house.

BIOS screen is still doing weird shit though. But now my pc boots up in its normal couple seconds

It's all magically better now. Wow! after like 5 restarts and having my pc shut down for a while to leave my house.

BIOS screen is still doing weird shit though. But now my pc boots up in its normal couple seconds

Yeah, it's kinda something that during the install, Windows checks for updates. Then an hour later Windows Update is installing more updates!

Yeah, it's kinda something that during the install, Windows checks for updates. Then an hour later Windows Update is installing more updates!

Yay for Micro$oft updating whenever the hell they want to update.