Bizarre internet speeds?

hueylax70790

So here's the thing.

I like to stream, it's fun even though I don't get views much, but I can't stream anything with lots of action because the stream quality goes to crap. So I checked my internet speed and I have, get this, 122.38mb/s down and 3.24mb/s up. So i looked up online for any possible solutions and I came across one where it said my firmware was probably outdated, and sure enough it was, so I updated my firmware and nothing has changed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

P.S. I am hardwired into my Router, no wifi.

Maybe your ISP is being an ass and is throttling you when you stream, but not when you do a speed test.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Maybe your ISP is being an ass and is throttling you when you stream, but not when you do a speed test.

yeah i have the same thing that you taking about .

it's a real thing :(

With OBS, try to downscale to 720p, and set a bitrate around 1800. I think that works great for my friends

Mobo MSI X370 Carbon CPU Ryzen 7 1700 3.8GHz RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x8GB 3000MHz GPU ASUS GTX 1070 Strix Case NZXT S340 Storage Samsung 960 EVO 250GB M.2 - Seagate 1TB  PSU EVGA 750W Cooling NZXT Kraken X52 OS WIndows 10 Pro

Keyboard Arachnid Recore - Cherry MX Red Mouse Corsair M45  !!--GTA V--!!  

I hope not. I know some companies do that, but i don't see why my down speed would be so much greater than my up speed. 

Is there any way to prevent that? That's a massive dick move.

Your ISP could be throttling, but you could also be using a whacked configuration for streaming.

(If they are a VPN will get around it in most cases)

Your output is going to depend on your upload speed, your processor, your video card and the resolution your game is running at.

In the case of you streaming outbound, it doesn't matter what your DL speed is.

With your upload speed assuming your Video Card and CPU are modern within the last 3 years, streaming at 1080p should be no issue with you as long as you do it at 30fps

You could also set the FPS to 60 and then scale the resolution of the stream down (not the game, but the stream) to maintain good detail and smooth the stream out.  I think this is still called super scaling but everyone seems to have a brand name for it.

So TL:DR  If you want a smooth stream, Play your games at the highest resolution your computer can handle while still running the streaming software,  set your stream resolution to be lower than that of the game and have it output at 60fps.

Example:  Game Resolution is 1920 x 1080 and you get 100+ fps while playing;  But you stream it at 1280x720 @60fps.

Edit: Here's a calculator for OBS, you can use the same concepts in other things like X Split

https://obsproject.com/estimator

So here's the thing.

I like to stream, it's fun even though I don't get views much, but I can't stream anything with lots of action because the stream quality goes to crap. So I checked my internet speed and I have, get this, 122.38mb/s down and 3.24mb/s up. So i looked up online for any possible solutions and I came across one where it said my firmware was probably outdated, and sure enough it was, so I updated my firmware and nothing has changed.

So here's the thing.

What speeds are you paying for, sounds to me like your on a TWC ISP cause low upload speeds is something TWC does