Booting question

ComputerNoob

My computer takes like 20 seconds to boot up, however a good amount of the time comes from the screen that has an asus logo and says: press f2 or delete for bios. I was wondering, if i removed the text where it says press f2 to go into bios, would i be able to get into bios again?

Cpu: Intel core i5 4570 gpu: gtx 770 case: cm storm enforcer psu: xfx pro 550w motherboard: asus b85m-g ssd: samsung 120gb hdd: wd caviar blue 1tb ram: kingston hyperx blu 8gb 1600mhz mouse: razer deathadder monitor: some decent samsung 19" keyboard: CM Storm TK Blue

I'm not sure, do you use an SSD or a HDD for your OS. The only reason I can think is that your computer is loading files at the screen to get into the OS.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

Of course. And in the future, every time you want to go into your BIOS again just jackhammer that F2 key.

just wait the 20 seconds :D im sure you can , just go on your phone or something that's what I do , mine takes about 10 seconds though , and I have a gigabyte and a Samsung ssd 

CPU 5900x| GPU 3080ti FE| MOBO MSI MPG CARBON MAX| RAM 32GB VENGENCE PRO 3200Mhz| STORAGE Samsung 980 Pro 1TB,2X WDSN750,4TB Seagate Barracuda| COOLING 1x Corsair 360mm XR7 54mm Radiator,1x EK-CoolStream PE 360mm Radiator| GPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XG7 RGB| CPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XC5 RGB| Fittings: EK-Torque STC & Corsair Hydro X Series XF| Pump/Res: EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5| Tubing: Corsair Hydro X Series XT Softline| Liquid: Corsair Hydro X Series XL5 Clear| Fans: 10x Corsair SP120 RGB

What i mean is that the asus logo appears and it says press f2 or delete to go into bios before windows loas, i found a way to turn that off, but im worried i won't be able to load the bios again.

Cpu: Intel core i5 4570 gpu: gtx 770 case: cm storm enforcer psu: xfx pro 550w motherboard: asus b85m-g ssd: samsung 120gb hdd: wd caviar blue 1tb ram: kingston hyperx blu 8gb 1600mhz mouse: razer deathadder monitor: some decent samsung 19" keyboard: CM Storm TK Blue

Press Ctrl + R, type "msconfig", choose the "Boot" tab, and set "Timeout" to 3 seconds (default is usually 30 seconds).

Simply put, this will allow your computer to skip through the BIOS very quickly. If you NEED to go into the BIOS at any time, you can either spam the BIOS keys (which will work if the timeout is 3 seconds; may not if it's less since your keyboard might not respond that quickly) or you can start up and change the timeout back to 30 seconds.

Hope this helps, but I wouldn't recommend removing the GUI boot. You can if you want to, but it makes life difficult. Your BIOS should not be very long if you set the timeout to 3 seconds, and thus this is a preferential choice.

Press Ctrl + R, type "msconfig", choose the "Boot" tab, and set "Timeout" to 3 seconds (default is usually 30 seconds).

Simply put, this will allow your computer to skip through the BIOS very quickly. If you NEED to go into the BIOS at any time, you can either spam the BIOS keys (which will work if the timeout is 3 seconds; may not if it's less since your keyboard might not respond that quickly) or you can start up and change the timeout back to 30 seconds.

Hope this helps, but I wouldn't recommend removing the GUI boot. You can if you want to, but it makes life difficult. Your BIOS should not be very long if you set the timeout to 3 seconds, and thus this is a preferential choice.

actually i have set it to 2 seconds in the bios, but it is timining me out for atleast 5-7 seconds. I am not overclocking or tweaking much at all, so i would like to know if theres a possible way to get into the bios without the timeout.

actually i have set it to 2 seconds in the bios, but it is timining me out for atleast 5-7 seconds. I am not overclocking or tweaking much at all, so i would like to know if theres a possible way to get into the bios without the timeout.

What are your computer specifications? 20 seconds is a very short boot time, btw.

What are your computer specifications? 20 seconds is a very short boot time, btw.

It is a brand new computer with an i5 4570 and a 770 and its running on an ssd