Infinite boot loop on Win8

Go to solution Solved by HoiDaniel,

So if I remove the CD drive from the boot order completely, it might work? I'll try it now then. I'll report back in a few minutes :)

Well, i meant the CD itself xD

Hi everyone. I recently formatted my laptop, and installed Windows 8 from a CD (the harddrive was completely formatted before installing). The installation of WIndows succeded, but when the computer would restart, it would just go into some kind of boot loop. The screen would flash a couple of times and the fan would spin, and then stop.... And then repeat it infinitely. I found out though, that if I force it to turn off (by holding the turn-on/off on the pc down for a while), and then boot in to the BIOS/UEFI and choose Windows Bootloader in "Boot Override" (Or something like that), it boots into Windows just fine. 

My question is, how can I fix this? The #1 boot priority is already set to Windows, so that shouldn't be the problem, right? 

I'd also like to know if there's a way, that I can make my PC load the BIOS/UEFI everytime it turns on. Like just opening the BIOS when pressing the start button.

Thanks a lot, Chrissy. :)

(My laptop is an Asus r551l if it's to any use)

Did you take out the CD and boot order? Your HDD/SSD should be first, and the CD should be removed (as it is auto-run)

Did you take out the CD and boot order? Your HDD/SSD should be first, and the CD should be removed (as it is auto-run)

So if I remove the CD drive from the boot order completely, it might work? I'll try it now then. I'll report back in a few minutes :)

Well, as it happens, it seemed to work when I removed the CD drive from the boot order, so even though I kinda misunderstood you, it worked. Thanks!! :)

Well, as it happens, it seemed to work when I removed the CD drive from the boot order, so even though I kinda misunderstood you, it worked. Thanks!! :)

You're welcome :)