Partitions/UEFI

fL.
Go to solution Solved by Sn4tchBandicoot,

Yes. I've Legacy mode at the moment.

Windows 8.1

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/186875-uefi-unified-extensible-firmware-interface-install-windows-7-a.html

Here's a guide, I followed it to do my install, pretty straight forward

At the moment i have a MBR partition. I want to format my PC and change it to GPT, how can i do that?

From what i've read, i need to use diskpart but that seems to hurt the SSD life.

I use Rufus tool to make "GPT partition scheme for UEFI computer". Now i just deleted all the partitions. If i hit "Next" i'll still be with a MBR partition?

At the moment i have a MBR partition. I want to format my PC and change it to GPT, how can i do that?

From what i've read, i need to use diskpart but that seems to hurt the SSD life.

I use Rufus tool to make "GPT partition scheme for UEFI computer". Now i just deleted all the partitions. If i hit "Next" i'll still be with a MBR partition?

I assume you are wanting to make your windows install UEFI?

Motherboard: MSI G45 | CPU: Intel i7 4790K | RAM: 16GB G.Skill DDR3 | SSD: 2x Samsung 840 Evo 256GB | Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW | PSU: Corsair HX650W | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Fans: 6x Corsair SP120's | Case: NZXT H440 Razer Edition | OS: Windows 10

Also, what OS?

Motherboard: MSI G45 | CPU: Intel i7 4790K | RAM: 16GB G.Skill DDR3 | SSD: 2x Samsung 840 Evo 256GB | Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW | PSU: Corsair HX650W | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Fans: 6x Corsair SP120's | Case: NZXT H440 Razer Edition | OS: Windows 10

I assume you are wanting to make your windows install UEFI?

Also, what OS?

Windows 8.1

Windows 8.1

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/186875-uefi-unified-extensible-firmware-interface-install-windows-7-a.html

Here's a guide, I followed it to do my install, pretty straight forward

So, just create a UEFI USB Flash Drive and in the partitions delete all of them and hit next?

Or do i really need to click "New" select primary partition and hit "Next?

I used a partitioning program i cant remember the name may have been aomi or a similar app. but it converted it from mbr to gpt with out loosing any of the data. I had to do it to my 1tb ssd so i could partion it to fit windows 10 preview on it with out having to reinstall every thing on my d drive

So, just create a UEFI USB Flash Drive and in the partitions delete all of them and hit next?

Or do i really need to click "New" select primary partition and hit "Next?

sorry missed your reply, quote me next time.

Follow that guide step by step and it'll get you where you wanna go.

sorry missed your reply, quote me next time.

Follow that guide step by step and it'll get you where you wanna go.

Yes, that worked. Thanks for the help.