Witcher 3 and RAM

White
Go to solution Solved by Jamdog,

Very unlikely that the ram is the issue, 6 GB minimum refers to the total system.

I have Witcher 3 and it crashes about 5 mins into the game on WIN7 I'm trying to diagnose this. One thing it points to is not enough RAM. I currantly have 8GB with about 5 left for the game. The minimum requirement is 6 so my question is: Is that requrement an overall system number or how much the game wants?

Also any tips to avoid crashing also are Appreciated

Very unlikely that the ram is the issue, 6 GB minimum refers to the total system.

I have Witcher 3 and it crashes about 5 mins into the game on WIN7 I'm trying to diagnose this. One thing it points to is not enough RAM. I currantly have 8GB with about 5 left for the game. The minimum requirement is 6 so my question is: Is that requrement an overall system number or how much the game wants?

Also any tips to avoid crashing also are Appreciated

I get damned close to filling up my 8 GB with Witcher 3, Windows 7, and a few other minor programs running in the background. But it runs fine for me nonetheless. My guess is your crashing is related to something other than simply how much memory you have.

What are the rest of your system specifications? Can you describe the crash more specifically—is there an error message, blue screen, etc.?