Looking at Newegg, why are so many bad motherboards being shipped today, 1 & 2 stars?

When looking at Newegg reviews, why are there so many bad motherboards being shipped today? Being my first build when looking for a motherboard, and never working with one, the odds of receiving a bad motherboard seem too high. Maybe I have just read too many 1 and 2 star reviews on Newegg of motherboards.... The number of bad motherboards being shipped today, in this high tech world, actually, at first shocked me!

I also read a lot of those 1 & 2 star reviews before I buy a motherboard, a graphics card or whatever else.

There are explanations as to why a lot of those bad reviews exist, in a lot of cases it's just user error that leads the consumer to give a bad rating.

In other instances it's just pure fanboyism , you can clearly sense if a reviewer is a fanboy or not from the tone of his review, they usually start trashing the product in question and then recommend an exactly equal product from another brand, I see this happening a LOT !

Other factors include damage in shipping, which can't be prevented, if you want to be cautious just buy the product from a local store .

You can have a look at it there and check for any damage yourself, it's also a lot easier to make returns that way.

I hope this was helpful to you in someway .

Also remember that its more likely for someone to go and give a review if they are angry. If someone is pleased and happy with their motherboard they will probably just go and build their computer, test it etc and maybe forget to give a review, or just not bother to give it a rating. On the other hand someone who was exited to begin building their computer only to find out that their motherboard has a problem, will want to vent their frustration and go and give the board a terrible review because of how angry they are. Product reviews can be useful sometimes but also try checking other sources and reviews to try and get a better picture of the product you are buying :-)

I also read a lot of those 1 & 2 star reviews before I buy a motherboard, a graphics card or whatever else.

There are explanations as to why a lot of those bad reviews exist, in a lot of cases it's just user error that leads the consumer to give a bad rating.

In other instances it's just pure fanboyism , you can clearly sense if a reviewer is a fanboy or not from the tone of his review, they usually start trashing the product in question and then recommend an exactly equal product from another brand, I see this happening a LOT !

Other factors include damage in shipping, which can't be prevented, if you want to be cautious just buy the product from a local store .

You can have a look at it there and check for any damage yourself, it's also a lot easier to make returns that way.

Thank you, very good points! I am glad I asked the question, for it has been bothering me........

Also remember that its more likely for someone to go and give a review if they are angry. If someone is pleased and happy with their motherboard they will probably just go and build their computer, test it etc and maybe forget to give a review, or just not bother to give it a rating. On the other hand someone who was exited to begin building their computer only to find out that their motherboard has a problem, will want to vent their frustration and go and give the board a terrible review because of how angry they are. Product reviews can be useful sometimes but also try checking other sources and reviews to try and get a better picture of the product you are buying :-)
Thank you, for now I can read the Newegg reviews with a better prospective! This will be my first experience with most of the parts of a build...

When looking at Newegg reviews' date=' why are there so many bad motherboards being shipped today? Being my first build when looking for a motherboard, and never working with one, the odds of receiving a bad motherboard seem too high. Maybe I have just read too many 1 and 2 star reviews on Newegg of motherboards.... The number of bad motherboards being shipped today, in this high tech world, actually, at first shocked me![/quote']

ncix is always good i will never use newagg i use to buy from them till i had to fight with them over a doa mobo and a gpu that was not working

When looking at Newegg reviews' date=' why are there so many bad motherboards being shipped today? Being my first build when looking for a motherboard, and never working with one, the odds of receiving a bad motherboard seem too high. Maybe I have just read too many 1 and 2 star reviews on Newegg of motherboards.... The number of bad motherboards being shipped today, in this high tech world, actually, at first shocked me![/quote'] ncix is always good i will never use newagg i use to buy from them till i had to fight with them over a doa mobo and a gpu that was not working

ive never had a problem with newegg's RMA service. i had to return 2 DOA mobos. (One Was Warped & the other one had bent pins). i just hated how i had to pay out of pocket to return them but whatever. |:

i5-3570k @ 4.5ghz at 1.2v (5ghz @ 1.4v max stable) , Radeon HD 7850 @ 1200/1450 Clocks http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/kasmr/, AsRock Z75 Pro3 Mobo, 8gb of 1333mhz ram @ 1600-8-9-8-16.

Excellent points and all very true!

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad

I have bought everything in my case except for my SSD on Newegg. Haven't had any problems with a thing. Like TechFan@ic said...user error is the reason for most of those reviews.

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad

As others have said most reviews are from angry customers. A happy customer usually doesn't write a review. You have to remember a lot of people on newegg have no idea what they are talking, so they could just be incorrect and not how to use their products, instead of blaming it on their sophomoric intellect they blame it on the products, also kit comes DoA sometimes, no matter how high quality it is.

Exactly, the first ever forum I joined was a FIFA forum to complain about the game haha....