Having problems with the 7770

kashifk95

Hi I have a PC that I built 2 months ago. I recently got a 7770. When I tried WOW on max settings it was lagging. I only installed the driver that came with the card. Could anybody help please.

Thanks

but i have the 3570k @ 3.8ghz. And my bro has a less than 3ghz and wow still ran on ultra settings on his.

does it only lag in cities where there are tons of people, or does it still lag out in the middle of no where?

It will always lag in a city.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

Have you downloaded and installed the 13.2 drivers kashifk and test to see if you were still lagging?

i am an owner of 2 7770's and i can tell you honestly, you wont be able to run everything on MAX settings with 1 card. even with 2, i find turning down or off the AA helps alot. dont get me wrong this card is a good low to mid range card. but i cannot run most newer games on max settings. but i notice with 2 7770's overclocked i can run better frames and higher settings then what i could with 1.

so its not your drivers or your card being fualty its the limitation of the card.

Chris

but i have the 3570k @ 3.8ghz. And my bro has a less than 3ghz and wow still ran on ultra settings on his.

does your friend have the same graphics card?