Finding a Laptop (Update)

Felixthecate

Hi, you may have seen my last post a few weeks ago about finding a laptop for 600$ CAD. 

I realised that there are literally no laptops that are good in that price range, so I worked by butt off and now can go all the way up to 1000$ for a laptop. I can't find anything so I need help finding something for me.

I need: 

14' or smaller

Thin

Needs to have a exellent battery life as it will be used for and at school

No need for gaming performance, as I have my PC for that

No need for an SSD, I can upgrade that myself, but if it already has one that's a plus

It would be nice to be able to upgrade components like the ram and SSD, but it wouldn't be a dealbreaker. 

Lastly, the prices have to be in CAD$ and has to be from a reliable brand.

Once again this is a copy of my old post but the only difference is the new price range.

Thanks

I have good experiences from Lenovo laptops and they are great value for money (atleast they used to be couple years ago). I suggest checking them out.

| CPU: i5-4460 | GPU: GTX 750Ti Twin Frozr | Motherboard: Asus H97M-Plus | Ram: 2x4gb Kinkston ValueRam | CPU Cooler: Rajintek Aidos | PSU: Corsair VS550 | Storage: Kingston SSDNOW V300 120gb & 1TB WD Blue | Case: Sharkoon T28 Red | Case coolers: 3 Cooler Master SickleFlow Red Led | 

| HP ProBook 650 G1 | i5-4200M | Ram: 4gb | 500gb HDD |

You just described a MacBook

I honestly am a believer that PCs will be better for hardware and Macs for the software

Some people will hate me for this, but as a proud PC lover and owner I would recommend getting a MacBook

Try your best to find one that can fit your budget, but if you can't try to get it or hate Apple try to get the XPS13 or anything you desire

I have good experiences from Lenovo laptops and they are great value for money (atleast they used to be couple years ago). I suggest checking them out.

a friend of mine had some very recent, VERY VERY bad experience with lenovo.

ranging from pre-installed software being a doofus all the way to just plain hardware failure within months.

a friend of mine had some very recent, VERY VERY bad experience with lenovo.

ranging from pre-installed software being a doofus all the way to just plain hardware failure within months.

Oh that sucks.. :o My 4 years old Lenovo laptop still runs pretty well if used for internet browsing etc. 

| CPU: i5-4460 | GPU: GTX 750Ti Twin Frozr | Motherboard: Asus H97M-Plus | Ram: 2x4gb Kinkston ValueRam | CPU Cooler: Rajintek Aidos | PSU: Corsair VS550 | Storage: Kingston SSDNOW V300 120gb & 1TB WD Blue | Case: Sharkoon T28 Red | Case coolers: 3 Cooler Master SickleFlow Red Led | 

| HP ProBook 650 G1 | i5-4200M | Ram: 4gb | 500gb HDD |

You just described a MacBook

I honestly am a believer that PCs will be better for hardware and Macs for the software

Some people will hate me for this, but as a proud PC lover and owner I would recommend getting a MacBook

Try your best to find one that can fit your budget, but if you can't try to get it or hate Apple try to get the XPS13 or anything you desire

Haha yeah pretty much. I looked at the XPS 13, and I like it. But the problem is it starts at 1k for a i3, and 4gb of ram. Which is pretty bad for the money.

I looked at Macbooks, and the air is great but the screen isn't. 

Looked at a 13' pro mid retina mid 2014 on Kijiji (A Canadian websites that is like craigslist) and it's 895$.

My mom doesn't want me to go for it because she thinks it's stolen (14 yr old problems)

I would like to go for a Mac, because as crazy as it sounds, it's the best value for the money at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...

Try the Asus Zenbook UX305 

1.2kg 1.2cm

long battery life

ssd

13 inch full HD

lenovo X220 if you are OK with a bit heavier than other simmiler sized laptops. Also you would want to replace the HDD with an SSD. Also you would want to put linux on it. But you could do all that and still be unnder $350 with a system thats wicked fast and has a great keyboard.

//Does not work. Needs fixing

Lenovo has gone down pretty badly in the last couple years, at least in terms of anything performance-level. I used to recommend them highly but now I don't know what to tell people to get.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday