linus's internet provider?

via

i dont understand how linus gets such fast internet speeds, the highest ive ever seen was from comcast at 350mbps and linus gets like gigabit i think. does he have some special connection to the fiber cable or something? does anyone know his isp?

EVGA GTX 970 - i5 4460 - Enthoo Pro M

Google,Maybe? I really don't know....

Intel i3-4150 3.50Ghz | MSI B85M-G43 | HyperX Fury 8GB 1866Mhz x1 | Intel HD 4400 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB , Samsung 160GB | Odyssey 450W | AOC E950Sw 18.5In | Windows 10 Pro | Zebronics Armour 2

i dont understand how linus gets such fast internet speeds, the highest ive ever seen was from comcast at 350mbps and linus gets like gigabit i think. does he have some special connection to the fiber cable or something? does anyone know his isp?

LAN speeds are always faster than Internet speeds, his 10 Gigabit network is for LAN use only meaning he won't have a 10 Gigabit download speed.

I believe it is fiber to premises, as opposed to fiber to node.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

No, he will have 200/200 Mbps, 10Gb conection is for conections between computers inside the new offices, so they will download at 200 Mbps but transfer files to other computers in the same LAN at 10Gb.

Also at enterprise level it's easier to find 1Gbps download conection or... more, if you are a datacenter some companies can even give you up to 625gbps I think I saw one time, but that is really REALLY expensive and special.

Hope it helps you! ;)

I'm from Spain so English is not my main language but I'm trying to make my best not writing any typo.

His new office will have multiple Fiber connections but now he has (I think) 300 Mbps down

Pls Follow your own posts!      Chief Engineer for my School Studio, Own my own Home Studio also. I also do requests for Remixing songs too :D Storage Server: Mobo: Supermicro X8SIA-F Case: Some Supermicro 1U case Drives: 3x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM drives, 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM CPU: Intel Xeon X3430 2.4GHz Ram: 2x Kingston ECC 2GB sticks

His new office will have multiple Fiber connections but now he has (I think) 300 Mbps down

Fiber is more than 300MB

--Neil Hanlon

Operations Engineer

Neil,

You can order fiber service in any speed you want. The fiber itself does not determine the speed, the electronics at either end, and the amount of bandwidth you pay for do. You can get 25/25 service (25Mb down 25Mb up) from Verizon Fios at the low end. At the high end, I've bought 2Gbps dedicated internet service for my work before, and gotten quotes for much more.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: