Cut out big enough?

Go to solution Solved by Vegetable,

The cut out is just to place a aftermarket CPU cooler in easier. I know for lga 1150 stock intel heatsinks, you don't have to do anything from the back of the motherboard. It won't effect your motherboard in any way. 

Hi, for the gaming rig i'm planning to build later this week i am buying a Bitfenix Neos window case to house all the different parts. One thing that I am questioning is if my motherboard can fit with the cpu cut out. Everywhere i read it said that the Bitfenix Neos has a "off" cpu cut out that was placed wrong. The Motherboard i purchased is the Gigabyte 78LMT-usb 3 and it's a Micro ATX motherboard. I know it will fit in the case the thing is i am confused if the part on the back of the motherboard will fit in the cpu cut out on the case. Is there even a thing on the back for the cut out on this motherboard? Does it even matter? I don't know anything about this cut out which is why i reached out to you guys for advice. People call it a CPU Cut out/PSU Cut out i don't really know what the name of it is but i just put that there to help you understand what i'm talking about in the case. Also i read that it's to install an aftermarket cpu cooler without taking out the motherboard but i don't understand how that'll work.

Thanks in advance.

The CPU cut out is just to make it easier to access the rear of the CPU area when installing an aftermarket cooler. Has nothing to do with actual motherboard fitment. You'll be fine.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

The cut out is just to place a aftermarket CPU cooler in easier. I know for lga 1150 stock intel heatsinks, you don't have to do anything from the back of the motherboard. It won't effect your motherboard in any way. 

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

---QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY---

I will be using a fx 6300 cpu will it be okay with the stock heatsink?

Even more so. AMD's mounting is completely on the face on the motherboard. You will be extra ok.

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

Even more so. AMD's mounting is completely on the face on the motherboard. You will be extra ok.

thanks alot so i wont have to worry a thing about the back of the motherboard right?

It'll work fine, but it's going to run loud. The stock cooler is just a chunk of finned aluminum, not exactly efficient. If you want it to keep cool and quiet pick up a Hyper 212 Evo or a T4.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

thanks alot so i wont have to worry a thing about the back of the motherboard right?

Not whatsoever until you get a aftermarket cooler, and even then you just undo 5 screws and take the motherboard out. Easy as it gets.