Mac mini alternative.

Go to solution Solved by brownninja97,

Intel NUC, Gigabyte Brix. They can have up to i7 in them so they dont mess around.

I didn't really knew where to post this. Since I plan to use it as an HTPC to stream content I guess it is appropriate to post here.

I really like the form factor of the Mac mini but I want a PC. I would prefer if it wasn't a low end Celeron chip and I want to be able to put either an SSD or msata SSD in it.

I know of the Zotac Zbox but I'm looking for more options.

Do you guys think there should be a Haswell mini computer?

The most important feature would be silence.

You could get an amd apu

even a dual core one with some aftermarket cooler

http://cache.futurelooks.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Noctua-NH-C14-CPU-Cooler-1.jpg

Problem solved ;)

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

Do you know of the intel NUC?

doesn't have optical out, but audio over HDMI. So if your setup has HDMI this might be a thing.
And yes there definitely should be more small form factor PCs, I would love to see some with really good audio.

Intel NUC, Gigabyte Brix. They can have up to i7 in them so they dont mess around.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Yeah but it's a dual core i7 but the thing has the same performance as a i3220 which a desktop processor.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

silverstone MILO itx case? just a bit wider than the mac mini, but can use desktop parts, such as an i3 and a 7750 (low profile), be prepared to find a good sfx psu

silverstone MILO itx case? just a bit wider than the mac mini, but can use desktop parts, such as an i3 and a 7750 (low profile), be prepared to find a good sfx psu

SIlverstone makes one that's 450 watts and is 80 plus bronze for only $60

The intel NUC looks pretty cool. Here is Linus' video on NCIX PC:

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

The intel NUC looks pretty cool. Here is Linus' video on NCIX PC:

The Gigabyte Brix is MUCH more powerful plus it's smaller.

The Gigabyte Brix is MUCH more powerful plus it's smaller.

oh i guess, I hadn't seen it before. But both of them, really are cool. Why aren't these popular yet? They're perfect for HTPC's and also for people who don't want big pcs and don't do much more than surfing the web and word editing.

P.S I'm not really sure you need an i7 for this form factor (like the top Brix model). Having the option is still great tho!

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

oh i guess, I hadn't seen it before. But both of them, really are cool. Why aren't these popular yet? They're perfect for HTPC's and also for people who don't want big pcs and don't do much more than surfing the web and word editing.

P.S I'm not really sure you need an i7 for this form factor (like the top Brix model). Having the option is still great tho!

It's a embedded dual-core I-7 so it's around the same performance a I-3 3220.