650D Radiators?

Im planning on upgrading my rig with liquid cooling later in the year and ive been looking at the Corsair 650D, problem is im not sure what radiators I could use I want to use a 240mm/280mm in the top but im not sure how much room ill have before it would hit the motherboard, im using a Maximus V Formula 

And I also want to know would it be possible to mod the case to allow a 240mm rad in the front? if not ill use the Phobya 200mm but im not sure what fan to use on it any suggestions? 

Im also considering a Define R4 or Switch 810 but have the same problem with room in the roof? any ideas what I could use in those?

give a man a gun he robs a bank, give a man a bank he robs the world

Im planning on upgrading my rig with liquid cooling later in the year ...

is this just a CPU loop? or CPU and GPU loop?

airdeano

is this just a CPU loop? or CPU and GPU loop?

airdeano

CPU and GPU

The switch 810 would be a better case for watercooling but you need to remove a few things to make it have that awesome rad support, and a switch 810 can support a 360 or 240 rad at the top.

You can't walk out of your own story - Rango

ok, did you read the two stickies on the water cooling section?

Water Cooling 101 - A good place for newbies to start

Water cooling FAQ - Some Basic Q&A

if not, please start there..i could rattle some particulars and you won't know what i

am talking about..

but generally, for a CPU/GPU loop you'll need:

1x 360x 60mm radiator or 2x 240x 60mm radiators to keep the cooling performance

great and fan noise to a minimum.

so you'll need a case that can house those radiator(s) or go to an external radiator

(yuck) solution.

everything else is aesthetics. performance of those other parts are within margin of error

for performance.

airdeano

ok, did you read the two stickies on the water cooling section?

Water Cooling 101 - A good place for newbies to start

Water cooling FAQ - Some Basic Q&A

if not, please start there..i could rattle some particulars and you won't know what i

am talking about..

but generally, for a CPU/GPU loop you'll need:

1x 360x 60mm radiator or 2x 240x 60mm radiators to keep the cooling performance

great and fan noise to a minimum.

so you'll need a case that can house those radiator(s) or go to an external radiator

(yuck) solution.

everything else is aesthetics. performance of those other parts are within margin of error

for performance.

airdeano

Yes I have read them just wanted to check how much room id have in the roof because of the tall heatsinks near the top of the board  and if anyone knew if it were possible to mod a 650D for a 240mm in the front then again I am leaning towards the switch because of the larger size and better rad support, id like to do a loop in a modded TJ07 with a quad in the bottom and a triple in the roof but it be a bit expensive tbh 

honestly, pass on the 650D, unless you already have it (which it sounds like you don't).

the 650D is a moderately ok case to cool with, but there are better possibilities. the 650D

can hold a thin style radiator in the roof and a 200 in front, but then you have not really

gotten much in cooling performance. the front 200 has limited fan options for better use

with a radiator. the thin rad in the top you might as well stay with a H100 style cooling

solution.

the 810 is a better suited case, for options out the wasszoo for water-cooling. some do

not care for all the plastical treatments. yes, TJ is not cheap, but look what you had planned?

going that far, bite the bullet and use a 900D cabinet (2x 810 price).

the R4 is the simplest solution, has been done many times over with dual rad support

and multi GPU and is not expensive(2x R4=810) to use or build.

airdeano

honestly, pass on the 650D, unless you already have it (which it sounds like you don't).

the 650D is a moderately ok case to cool with, but there are better possibilities. the 650D

can hold a thin style radiator in the roof and a 200 in front, but then you have not really

gotten much in cooling performance. the front 200 has limited fan options for better use

with a radiator. the thin rad in the top you might as well stay with a H100 style cooling

solution.

the 810 is a better suited case, for options out the wasszoo for water-cooling. some do

not care for all the plastical treatments. yes, TJ is not cheap, but look what you had planned?

going that far, bite the bullet and use a 900D cabinet (2x 810 price).

the R4 is the simplest solution, has been done many times over with dual rad support

and multi GPU and is not expensive(2x R4=810) to use or build.

airdeano

You make a good point I think for now ill stick with the switch (I think space would be a little tight at the top of the R4) and if I have the cash ill consider bumping up to something bigger with more radiators 

put together a rough draft of a loop in the switch opinions?

sjy3.jpg

great choice, one thing to consider is that most of the "hose loops" tend to get "long"

and start to look a lil spaghetti-like, just because it is a larger case. just something

to ponder and research. 30min in google images of all the Switch 810 Water-cooling

builds and you'll see what i am referring to. there are a lot of images to look into.

airdeano

great choice, one thing to consider is that most of the "hose loops" tend to get "long"

and start to look a lil spaghetti-like, just because it is a larger case. just something

to ponder and research. 30min in google images of all the Switch 810 Water-cooling

builds and you'll see what i am referring to. there are a lot of images to look into.

airdeano

Yeah, im considering doing something like pzt did with Pathogen http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11388-yet-another-sw-810-build-pathogen/ and make a midplate out of an acrylic sheet to keep things looking a bit cleaner 

Im currently thinking of using these components:

1x XSPC Raystorm

1x XSPC Razor GTX770 

1x XSPC D5 Vario + Bitspower D5 Mod Kit 

1x Bitspower Z-Multi 250mm 

10x Bitspower 7/16"ID 5/8"OD Matt Black Compression fittings 

2x 1L Bottles of XSPC EC6 Non Conductive Coolant: Blood red 

1x Alphacool NeXXos ST30 240mm (top)

1x Alphacool NeXXos UT60/XT45 240mm (bottom) might even try a Monsta if I think it would work with the midplate idea 

4x Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition or if I can get them Black NF-F12s

Some Masterkleer 7/16"ID 5/8"OD tubing, clear its sold by the meter how much do you think I would need? most boxed stuff I see is about 3 meters so I was thinking that? 

and getting most if not all of it from http://www.specialtech.co.uk/

Any changes you would suggest?