Really Noobie Question

Hey Guys! 

I love watching the LTT videos and I had a quick question and thought here would be the best place to ask it. 

I am going away to camp for 6 weeks up in Big Bear, California (USA) and really wanted to bring a (somewhat cheap) waterproof camera. When I went on amazon there were two very distinct styles. $300+ video cameras and really cheap, low build quality ones. 

Do any of you guys have recommendations on a reasonably priced waterproof video camera. 

I'm not looking for anything incredibly fancy. It just need to have a reasonable build quality with a screen so I can actually watch my video because I won't have a laptop or computer with me on the trip.

Thanks so much! :-)

-Theo 

Just want to confirm but are you planning to submerge the camera in the water? Or just expect it to get the occasional splash or something? Most waterproof camera's are action-cams sorta like the GoPro. What style are you looking for? 

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Just want to confirm but are you planning to submerge the camera in the water? Or just expect it to get the occasional splash or something? Most waterproof camera's are action-cams sorta like the GoPro. What style are you looking for? 

I am looking for a camera that can submerge but it doesn't need to be extreme. Maybe 20 feet max. I don't want to purchase a go pro because I won't have a laptop to view the footage and it's a bit extreme for this. I just want a cheap camera that'll last the summer.

Thanks for replying :-) 

I am looking for a camera that can submerge but it doesn't need to be extreme. Maybe 20 feet max. I don't want to purchase a go pro because I won't have a laptop to view the footage and it's a bit extreme for this. I just want a cheap camera that'll last the summer.

Thanks for replying :-) 

Have you considered one of the Hero 4 silvers? They have a screen I believe so you could view the video and images.

http://www.getolympus.com/us/en/digitalcameras/tough/tg-4.html

this is what we use on vacations. its been run over with a 4 wheeler, gone snorkeling in the bahamas, all around amazing camera. take it camping/on the boat and stuff. the audio quality leaves a bit to be desired, but the video quality is really damn nice. 

It looks like a really nice camera but I'm looking for something a lot cheaper. To be honest, I was planning on taking it into a pool and taking it kayaking. To minimum photo quality could be 720p for all I care. I just need something that'll get the job done. 

Thanks for replying though :-)

-Theo

It looks like a really nice camera but I'm looking for something a lot cheaper. To be honest, I was planning on taking it into a pool and taking it kayaking. To minimum photo quality could be 720p for all I care. I just need something that'll get the job done. 

Thanks for replying though :-)

-Theo

what about just getting a waterproof case for your phone? probably will be a higher quality camera then what you'd get for the same price. 

I had an Amazon gift card so I oped for this piece of junk. It was cheap but it'll last be the trip. 

Thanks guys! (-: