Very weird Microphone problem

Vinnyisntgud

So I was messing with some mics I had lying around, like the ones that come on the earbuds, because I had not use one since my pc build. I plugged my Samsung earbuds into my pcs microphone port on the front, I tried talking nothing happened. I was getting these little signals of noise coming through tho. After some experimenting, it turns out the earbuds were taking in audio though the speaker. I would only get sound if I held them to my mouth and spoke into it, no signal from the actual mic input "hole". some of the weirdest shit ive ever seen. Any explanation? 

May I ask, whats your microphone?

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.

As earbuds has combo jack with speakers and microphone, your pc is probably not prepared to use it. About that speakers works as microphone - speakers works in a way that your pc transmitting power to them to move membranes with a magnet to create sound. When you plug speaker to microphone input, instead of sending power it reads and when you talk to them sound makes membranes move, coil on membrane around magnet (driver) makes some power that is read by your mic input. That is what more or less happens.

Edit: What would solve your problem, would be some pass-through that will have combo jack input to two jacks output. So you can plug your earphones to it, and then you can plug it to your pc, speakers and microphone separately. 

Something like this: Cqlsv.jpg

May I ask, whats your microphone?

dont have one, just recently built my pc so I didnt have a need for one in the past. For future posts, please dont tell me to buy a real mic, that wont solve my issue im having with my mic, ive tried headsets, a desktop mic, and a few pairs of the earbud mics, dunno whats going on :/ only had this odd issues with this specific pair

As earbuds has combo jack with speakers and microphone, your pc is probably not prepared to use it. About that speakers works as microphone - speakers works in a way that your pc transmitting power to them to move membranes with a magnet to create sound. When you plug speaker to microphone input, instead of sending power it reads and when you talk to them sound makes membranes move, coil on membrane around magnet (driver) makes some power that is read by your mic input. That is what more or less happens.

Edit: What would solve your problem, would be some pass-through that will have combo jack input to two jacks output. So you can plug your earphones to it, and then you can plug it to your pc, speakers and microphone separately. 

I was just thinking about that! I think I had a converter that came with a old headset. Thanks for the help!

dont have one, just recently built my pc so I didnt have a need for one in the past. For future posts, please dont tell me to buy a real mic, that wont solve my issue im having with my mic, ive tried headsets, a desktop mic, and a few pairs of the earbud mics, dunno whats going on :/ only had this odd issues with this specific pair

Welp, I was just curious on what mic you have. I just wanted to know so I could help with the issue.

But as of now...

This appears to solve your issues.

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.

Welp, I was just curious on what mic you have. I just wanted to know so I could help with the issue.

But as of now...

This appears to solve your issues.

ah no man, nothing against you, I just saw it coming if I didnt address it 

ah no man, nothing against you, I just saw it coming if I didnt address it 

No worries. But yeah, try Mr Koka's suggestion. I believe that should work out.