Psu and case question

yoshiii

Hello

I have a stupid question but I am going to ask it anyway.

I have a 750watt Scythe Kamariki 4 psu that is about 5 years old.   I have a enermax iVektor case.  The case has plenty of space.

The psu has too many extra cables non modular.   I am having trouble closing the side panel on the cable management side.   I have put some of the extra cables into the empty storage drive area at the front of the case but will buy more drives soon.

I have another big bundle that will not allow me to close the side panel.  I could put it inside of the case next to the psu, but that is where I planned to install a extra bottom mounted case fan.

Should I go ahead and get a modular psu?  It it bad to have some of the extra cables blocking the front case fans?

It depends on how much air get through the cables, if the blockage is bad you can cable manage or if that isnt a solution probable then you should get a bronze or up modular psu. 

If you are going to need the space, then I suggest getting a modular PSU.

But like the person above me stated:

It depends on how much air get through the cables, if the blockage is bad you can cable manage or if that isnt a solution probable then you should get a bronze or up modular psu. 

But there are older non-modular CPUs that have large bulky cable covers, but it sounds as though your wires are not too bundled or thick, so airflow may not be affected too much, but it may be in your best interested in buying a modular PSU.

Downloading programs from CNet is not a good idea, as they will commonly include unwanted, and sometimes dangerous bloatware... The more you know.

Well the cables have this thick mesh covering each one so it makes it bigger and bulkier, I have cable mananged but its not helping.

I have extra cables besides the ones that I put in the small drive storage space.