Help with Overclocking

MaximusX
Go to solution Solved by Mattrixx,

while playing tf2 max 70 degrees.

1. Get MSI afterburner (probably the favorite) or EVGA's Precision X. Then up the core clock by 20 till you see artifacting (random colored pixels usually). Once you do, dial it back by 5 or so until you don't see any. Reset to get rid of any OC once you're good.

2. Then up the memory clock by 50 or so until you see artifacting (random blobs of color, random colored stars). Once you do, dial it back by 10-20 until you don't see any.

DON'T ADD VOLTAGE. It's a tiny case with barely enough cooling. Just... don't.

3. Then, put apply both your core clock and mem clock and test. If you see any type of artifacting, mess around with the mem and core clocks until you don't see any.

It's off to the races then!! Crush those games and revel in your victories!

Desktop 1: CPU: Intel Core i7 4770  GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 Ram: Crucial DDR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB and Segate 1TB Hard drive  Desktop 2: CPU: Intel Pentium G3258  GPU: AMD R7 250  Ram: Corsair Vengance DRR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Mobo: MSI H81M-E33  PSU: Corsair CX430M  Case: Rosewill MicroAtx Mini Tower

dont overclock that, its like a laptop

That's totally a desktop man, and although cooling isn't amazing it's not nearly as bad as a laptop.

N64 HTPC: [Completed]

Main PC: i7 4770k @ 4.2 Ghz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock TF | Asus Z87 Maximus VI Formula | G Skill Ripjaws X 16GB | Zotac GTX 1070 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Seagate 1TB Hybrid | Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | Corsair 1200i | Thermaltake Core P5

but if you have to over clock it, go about 100mhz on the core

That's totally a desktop man.

i said its like a laptop, i didnt say it is a laptop.

i said its like a laptop, i didnt say it is a laptop.

Yeah, I realized that, my bad. I edited my post but you were too quick.

N64 HTPC: [Completed]

Main PC: i7 4770k @ 4.2 Ghz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock TF | Asus Z87 Maximus VI Formula | G Skill Ripjaws X 16GB | Zotac GTX 1070 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Seagate 1TB Hybrid | Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | Corsair 1200i | Thermaltake Core P5

Are they any x51 owners thats could help me?

Desktop 1: CPU: Intel Core i7 4770  GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 Ram: Crucial DDR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB and Segate 1TB Hard drive  Desktop 2: CPU: Intel Pentium G3258  GPU: AMD R7 250  Ram: Corsair Vengance DRR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Mobo: MSI H81M-E33  PSU: Corsair CX430M  Case: Rosewill MicroAtx Mini Tower

Are they any x51 owners thats could help me?

LOL no... what is your temps on the GPU when gaming 

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

LOL no... what is your temps on the GPU when gaming 

while playing tf2 max 68 degrees.

in after burner up put the power limit to the max and then up the core clock +20Mhz and then do a stress test if it makes it through with out crashing or artifacting add another 20Mhz un till it does. when it does then lower it to the previous stable clock speed 

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

1. Get MSI afterburner (probably the favorite) or EVGA's Precision X. Then up the core clock by 20 till you see artifacting (random colored pixels usually). Once you do, dial it back by 5 or so until you don't see any. Reset to get rid of any OC once you're good.

2. Then up the memory clock by 50 or so until you see artifacting (random blobs of color, random colored stars). Once you do, dial it back by 10-20 until you don't see any.

3. Then, put apply both your core clock and mem clock and test. If you see any type of artifacting, mess around with the mem and core clocks until you don't see any.

I don't do signatures.

What are the maximum temps that are safe for me 80, 90, etc?

What are the maximum temps that are safe for me 80, 90, etc?

85 is usually the highest people want to go. You won't be adding voltage, so you won't see temps increase like that.

Just use Heaven to  check for artifacting. I'll look up a couple quick-to-read guides real quick.

http://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-overclock-your-graphics-card/#page-1 Short and sweet. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyk5DCladcY OC-ing by JJ. Not necessary to watch, and it's pretty long.

I don't do signatures.