thinking of making the card switch and thoughts

RudigerGatt

Hey guys ive been wanting to get into the crysis 3 beta for quite a while though it seems i cannot support it, i changed alot of pc parts a year ago though i had kept the same gfx card i had due to financial issue. the card still serves me well though it cant run crysis and maybe its time to start saving for a replacment. Here are my pc specs.

Operating System: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.121119-1606)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

Processor: Intel® Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8168MB RAM

Page File: 2649MB used, 6735MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

i use a gtx 285. what do you think i should go for ? amd nvidia? and it wont be bottle necked ej? i hope :)

go a 3570k with 32gb ram (using 24gb for fancy cache so rly only 8gb left) and 6950 cf and i get about 25-30fps with all on max (except anti-aliesing)

So your spec will not bottleneck, the gpu is definitely the problem.

so yea, if you want to run this thing on max you gotta dig deep into your pocket, idk if a gtx680 can cut it rly,

Idk when amd 8000 series card will release (should be relatively soon, and at that time gfx will probably drop in price)

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

Either nvidia or AMD makes great gfx cards, so it is a matter of preference really on how you want to go. But the main idea here is if you want to run the game at maxed out settings, you are going to spend a good bit of money on whatever gpu setup you go with.

My current setup includes an i7-2600k, a single 7970 running at 925mhz, and 16gb of RAM and nothing is overclocked. Currently using the 13.2 drivers for AMD cards, I can run crysis 3 beta at the 'very high settings' with only the AA set at next to the lowest AA setting and I get about 60fps average. The only thing I want to do is get my 7970 a twin later this year(and hopefully the prices will drop once 8000 series hits the shelves).

So if you are wondering what a single top end AMD card can do, now you have a good idea. I have never ran an nvidia card in my system, but I would expect very similar performance results from their single cards as well.

Rock On!

I would recommend a 7970 if you have $400 - $500. This series of AMD cards generally perform better than Nvidia's cards. Here's a comparison of the 680 and the 7970 GHz edition (which costs about $100 less). http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/618?vs=555

If you don't have that much money, try a 7950 or 7870.

The rest of your rig is fine.

thanks alot for all the help guys definitely helped