Best laptop for 500 - 700?

riceazns

I'm currently looking for a cheap laptop that runs fast and is able to play a bit of games too.

It would be great if you guys can find one from a canadian supplier. I've been trying to decide

but I dont really understand how to rate laptops.

hello i have also  been looking for a laptop in this price range and so far in my search this is what i found although keep in mind i dont know about computers and have been relying heavily on goolge to see whats better than what anyways heres the link http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232376you could probably find computer with an i7 and more ram for the same price but this one has a a better graphics card then most i found in the same price range also the hard drive is 7200 rpm instead of 5400 which has something to do wiht speed????? i think. lol sorry if this is not a good recomendation

I'm currently looking for a cheap laptop that runs fast and is able to play a bit of games too.

It would be great if you guys can find one from a canadian supplier. I've been trying to decide

What kind of gaming are you going to do?

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

You have $700 CAD and want a gaming laptop. It is not happening.

hello i have also  been looking for a laptop in this price range and so far in my search this is what i found although keep in mind i dont know about computers and have been relying heavily on goolge to see whats better than what anyways heres the link http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232376you could probably find computer with an i7 and more ram for the same price but this one has a a better graphics card then most i found in the same price range also the hard drive is 7200 rpm instead of 5400 which has something to do wiht speed????? i think. lol sorry if this is not a good recomendation

That is nowhere near a gaming laptop. It has a very low-end GPU and an ULV CPU which is designed for battery life, not compute power.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

I said light gaming, i'm not looking for something extremely graphics intense. Something that I can run like indie games. I'm more into looking for a fast computer.

That is nowhere near a gaming laptop. It has a very low-end GPU and an ULV CPU which is designed for battery life, not compute power.

oh ok so what would you recomend thats better than that laptop for the same price?

lenovo y40 would be he best

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

oh ok so what would you recomend thats better than that laptop for the same price?

Well I was both brutal and honest.

You have $700 CAD and want a gaming laptop. It is not happening.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Well I was both brutal and honest.

yeah i get that i just assumed by the way you said it you knew of something better i asked because im also looking for a laptop in the 500-600 rnage

yeah i get that i just assumed by the way you said it you knew of something better i asked because im also looking for a laptop in the 500-600 rnage

If you want a good experience gaming, you need to spend more. It is what it is. The cheapest thing you'll find that will do a decent job is that crappy lenovo Y50 that people seem to think is a fantastic laptop (it's not, regardless of who says it is).

If you want something better, you're at least in the $1000 range for USD and you should really start looking around $1500 for CAD and $1200 for USD, especially if you want a SSD in the machine and a good quality machine.

If you want a good experience gaming, you need to spend more. It is what it is. The cheapest thing you'll find that will do a decent job is that crappy lenovo Y50 that people seem to think is a fantastic laptop (it's not, regardless of who says it is).

If you want something better, you're at least in the $1000 range for USD and you should really start looking around $1500 for CAD and $1200 for USD, especially if you want a SSD in the machine and a good quality machine.

yeah i get you for gaming i wouldn't go for a laptop to begin with but im starting college in a couple months so that's why when i ask for a good gaming laptop in the 500-600 range i don't mean like get me something that will play everything on ultra i just want the best laptop in that price range whit a dedicated graphics card and not an integrated one you know

yeah i get you for gaming i wouldn't go for a laptop to begin with but im starting college in a couple months so that's why when i ask for a good gaming laptop in the 500-600 range i don't mean like get me something that will play everything on ultra i just want the best laptop in that price range whit a dedicated graphics card and not an integrated one you know

Well again, you either need to go for refurbished or raise your budget. Especially if those are canadian dollars, as canadians pay much more for things. Buying something with a dGPU in that range might as well be pointless even I'd say. Those bottom tier dGPUs are not very good.