Looking for a laptop 1000$ budget

Trancendense

Hi,

I'm looking for an ultrabook for my mother. I dispose of around 1000-1200$ to spend. All she does is watching movie (displaying on a 1080p television), storing pictures and basic editing. So an I5, 8gb of ram and 500Gb of ssd storage should be enough right? Tactile ips screen if possible at least 1080p. I need a realllyyyy good quality build. It has to be sturdy, light and small (11-13 inch). If possible quiet and a good battery life.

So basically, a high end like build ultrabook but mid end perfs. Recommendations? We have already tried the lenovo pro 3 but she didn't like it because she thought it was to fragile.

Thanks for your help in advance and have a great day.

MacBook Air, you can get one with 256-512GB of storage on eBay for around $1k.

Best build quality you can get, and it's powerful enough to do what she wants, and the battery life is great. Screen isn't 1080p though, but it's IPS and has good glare reduction.

Hmm.. actually... the Alienware 13 might fit the bill. The only problem is it might be a bit thick for an "ultrabook". It should have pretty good battery life though, using an ULV CPU.

The 500GB SSD may be a bit of an issue from most manufacturers, as they want you to buy in "tiers".

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Hi,

I'm looking for an ultrabook for my mother. I dispose of around 1000-1200$ to spend. All she does is watching movie (displaying on a 1080p television), storing pictures and basic editing. So an I5, 8gb of ram and 500Gb of ssd storage should be enough right? Tactile ips screen if possible at least 1080p. I need a realllyyyy good quality build. It has to be sturdy, light and small (11-13 inch). If possible quiet and a good battery life.

So basically, a high end like build ultrabook but mid end perfs. Recommendations? We have already tried the lenovo pro 3 but she didn't like it because she thought it was to fragile.

Thanks for your help in advance and have a great day.

Xps 13 sounds to be exactly what your mom needs

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

Thanks for your answers. What do you think of the Ativ book from samsung and the Acer Aspire?

Hmm.. actually... the Alienware 13 might fit the bill. The only problem is it might be a bit thick for an "ultrabook". It should have pretty good battery life though, using an ULV CPU.

The 500GB SSD may be a bit of an issue from most manufacturers, as they want you to buy in "tiers".

The alienware is too big and expensive for what it gives. The graphic card would be overkill.

MacBook Air, you can get one with 256-512GB of storage on eBay for around $1k.

Best build quality you can get, and it's powerful enough to do what she wants, and the battery life is great. Screen isn't 1080p though, but it's IPS and has good glare reduction.

Hmmm. It doesn't really cost effecient nah? A touch screen would be nice at that price and my mother doesn't trust ebay for expansive purchases

Yeah nice find. I'm hesiting between this one, the Ativ book and the Acer Aspire now.

Yeah nice find. I'm hesiting between this one, the Ativ book and the Acer Aspire now.

My Friend got an acer, and he had to return it 3 times because he kept getting sent broken ones, so just to give you an idea of acer quality

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

My Friend got an acer, and he had to return it 3 times because he kept getting sent broken ones, so just to give you an idea of acer quality

Acer is like roulette, people I know that own them can fall in 2 categories: 1) Had to return them xy times or 2) Never had a single problem

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Acer is like roulette, people I know that own them can fall in 2 cetegories: 1) Had to return them xy times or 2) Never had a single problem

this.

I owned an acer for 4years (from beginning of my college till the end) without a single problem. However my brother had to return it multiple times (hard drive issues, screen issues etc). 

Acer is just a little bit unrealiable and their customer support isn't great.

Although my personal experience is beyond great (as I never had to return/repair it), i'll not go for another acer.