Been looking at tablets....

Torna

So I have been looking at tablets and have gotten kind of interested in the Nvidia Shield and I have a question.

I have a friend that recently said that they want a 980 because they want a shield....does that matter?

I am green through and through but my current card is a R9 295x2 (as much as it hurt I found a deal I couldn't pass up)

you cant do the nvidia game stream thing 

but there are alternatives

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

You'd have to get an nvidia gpu for using game streaming, but you don't have to use it to play games on the tablet.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Tell your friend to buy my shield in the class fields.. (just kidding). You can maybe get a Windows tablet and use Steam in-home streaming. The Nvidia Shield is optimal for gaming on the go but besides that you could also try a Razer Edge with controller.

You'd have to get an nvidia gpu for using game streaming, but you don't have to use it to play games on the tablet.

Yep

Alternatives?  Let's just say my r9 may be the link to my current computer issues so may be on the way out....

Alternatives?  Let's just say my r9 may be the link to my current computer issues so may be on the way out....

Asus has some badass new 970 Turbo cards optimized for SLI. I would take a look at those: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121926&cm_re=gtx_970_turbo-_-14-121-926-_-Product. More info on the product page: http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/TURBOGTX970OC4GD5/

Can Asus paint them black and green?

Can Asus paint them black and green?

xD Maybe go for the MSI 100ME. I used to have the 960 and it was a beast. Looks great with the green LED.

Part of my frustration in my R9 that is the may be the root of my latest issues (don't ask....it is a looooooooooong story) is my R9 along with not being cheap to begin with is also wearing a full cover waterblock to make it worth that much more....

Because I have kind of looked at the EVGA 980 Hydro Chopper http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=04G-P4-2989-KR

Part of my frustration in my R9 that is the may be the root of my latest issues (don't ask....it is a looooooooooong story) is my R9 along with not being cheap to begin with is also wearing a full cover waterblock to make it worth that much more....

Because I have kind of looked at the EVGA 980 Hydro Chopper http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=04G-P4-2989-KR

980 is a great card. I bet that you could sell your 295x2 for the 980, it is slightly more powerful so sell the 295x2 for the price of the 980.

I would do that in a second but I am waiting for an adapter from amazon but if it proves me right the R9 is on its way out because it is having issues....and a 980 or whatever would be a replacement happy graphics card.